CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 06-09-2005, 03:00 PM   #1
Martin Edwards

Profile:  
Assuming I already have a 5 pack... or what consists of a 4 pack but a visible 6 pack when flexed, should or could I also do interval sprints along with the wod? I was doing 8 x 20 second sprints with 10 seconds of rest for a while, and it was a really draining workout, but I've seen results from it as well.

But I also just started doing wod's and they are also pretty demanding, but I read on the wod faq that most people do other sports on the side of the wod, so couldn't my "sport" be sprints to cut fat and increase vo2 consumption? Or do you guys feel that the wod is excercise enough, and so long as I'm not training for running, I should focus my attention on perhaps a sport + wod instead of sprints + wod?

At any rate, I know Matt G. does sprints and wod, but his wod's take 5 minutes and mine can take 45 minutes, so I don't think I'm quite at his level yet
Old 06-09-2005, 03:16 PM   #2
Larry Lindenman

Profile:
Go for it. The wod is designed to make you a better athlete, the implication is that you are training for a sport. If you could handle the load, go for it. Try to cycle the types extra conditioning. Possibly 1-2 months of sprinting, 1-2 months of gymnastics training, etc.