CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 02-26-2014, 12:24 PM   #1
Char Power

Profile:
My first Workout

Hey Gang!

My name is Char and I'm from Philadelphia.

I had my ver first workout yesterday at my local box (CrossFit Supercharged).

I was so nervous but went in with an open mind. It was painfully obvious that I wouldn't be able to complete a WOD as Rx'd so my trainer modified everything for me.

I was amazed at what I was able to do. I have been very sick the last 4 years and this was the first time I have tried to do any physical activity. I had cancer and I am in remission but I also do dialysis daily. Those two things have wasted my muscle mass and helped increase my body fat.

My doctor cleared me to exercise and I discovered the box that was less than 5 miles from my home. Winning!

My goals are to:

1. Not injure myself
2. Decrease my body fat %
3. Complete a WOD with zero modifications
4. Drop a few dress sizes
5. Become stronger

I hope to get to know the members of this site and share information relating to CrossFit and general fitness.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:47 PM   #2
Tim Larsen

Profile:
Re: My first Workout

First of all, congrats on beating cancer! 2nd of all, welcome to the crossfit community! I'm glad you found a nearby box, it makes it so much easier to train when it's convenient. Keep us posted with your progress,and remember to be patient with yourself, and focus on learning correct technique.

Tim
Old 02-26-2014, 11:28 PM   #3
Joe Spinelli

Profile:
Re: My first Workout

Congrats on being cancer free! That is an amazing accomplishment.

My wife is a 5 year breast cancer survivor and I have been trying to get her to train at my box for almost 2 years. She is worried about how her body feels now compared to before her cancer. I have told her to just give it a try and see how it goes, but she is very hesitant. I told her there may be things she can't do, and that's ok. Scaling is part of CrossFit.

I will be interested in your progress, so please keep us updated.

Keep working hard and your RX will come sooner than later.