CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 05-22-2013, 02:00 PM   #1
Ralphie_Martinez

Profile:
Just at Sports Authority

Hello all! Just wanted to throw this out there for people who are not the online ordering type. I was just at the Sports Authority here by my work on lunch and saw they had a mini section of Rage equipment. Not sure how the pricing stacked up against the online version but you do not have to wait for the product (always a plus for me personally). They had climbing rope, wall balls, slam balls (i prefer the DIY version) kettlebells, speed ropes, mobility bands, and assistance pullup bands (i think that's it). Just in case anyone ever wanted to go to a store and get it and go thought I would share the information.
PS I do NOT work there nor do I get paid to advertise this is a friendly heads up.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:00 PM   #2
Kurt Konodi

Profile:
Re: Just at Sports Authority

Thanks for this, I didn't know they started carrying crossfit stuff. I can finally use the coupons they keep emailing me
Old 05-22-2013, 04:05 PM   #3
Snir Golan

Profile:

sounds like Rage is really expanding. i was at Dick's Sporting Goods last week and they also had a nice little section with all the Rage gear like rings, med balls etc...
Old 05-22-2013, 04:42 PM   #4
Luke Conner

Profile:

Sport Chalet has a section that has a ton of CrossFit gear, but it's a crappy off brand. Nothing I would seriously consider buying. They even have an abmat rip off.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:54 PM   #5
Ralphie_Martinez

Profile:

Now that I am thinking about it they also had rings, ab mats, plyo boxes, sandbag "kits", and a few other items i am not remembering. nice to see i can go to a local place if needing something right away and purchase with no wait.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:40 PM   #6
Jon Hanover

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralphie_Martinez View Post
Now that I am thinking about it they also had rings, ab mats, plyo boxes, sandbag "kits", and a few other items i am not remembering. nice to see i can go to a local place if needing something right away and purchase with no wait.
I went to my local sports authority and saw all the rage stuff. Wasn't too impressed with the prices or quality. Wanted something like $3/lb for bumpers! lol i guess when you add in the big boys store front, prices go up, which makes sense. I didn't look at the other gear, maybe the smaller stuff is cheaper like bands
Old 05-23-2013, 01:25 PM   #7
James Harris

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Hanover View Post
Wasn't too impressed with the prices or quality. Wanted something like $3/lb for bumpers!
Keep in mind Sports Authority has coupons all the time for 20% off, that may make things more reasonably priced. Also singing up for their email list gives you a $10 off $50 coupon.

Last edited by James Harris : 05-23-2013 at 01:28 PM.