CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 11-15-2012, 10:14 AM   #1
Matt Corley

Profile:
Thumbs up Gear Review: Hylete Comp 1.0 Shorts

Iíve worn these shorts around the house, to bed, grappling and for conditioning. For casual wear the shorts are very comfortable, a lot like a pair of basketball training shorts, and the graphics are subtle enough that your significant other wonít give you a hard time about it. The interior pocket is designed for a smart phone and worked very well for that. While wearing the shorts I knew the phone was there from the weight but it didnít bang around or bother me like it would in a looser pocket.

For active wear they performed very well. I like the stretchiness of the fabric. Depending on what youíre doing and what youíre putting in it the interior pocket may or may not be useful. The shorts are very lightweight and once I started to roll I didnít really notice them again. They dried quickly after training. I also like the fact that the shorts have no velcro. I've had too many rasghguards and other shorts ruined in the wash when the velcro closures come open and stick to places it's not meant to be. The only concern I had is the potential for abrading and piling of the fabric from gnurling on bars while deadlifting or other activities where you have a rough surface against your legs.

Hyleteís shorts are comfortable, look good and function well. You can wear them grappling, lounging, CF-ing or even to that Tough Mudder that youíve had your eye on. For the grappler theyíre not your typical grappling shorts but thatís OK. You can walk around in public in these and you wonít have random guys coming up to you asking you if you train UFC :-)

The shorts are $60 which is consistent with many Crossfit specific brands and higher end grappling shorts such as Hayabusa and Venum. Hylete was kind enough to provide us with a special 25% off coupon code just for our readers: LEGENDS25 Using this code and the flat rate shipping you can get a pair of shorts delivered to your house for less than $50.

Full review with pictures is here:
http://www.bjjlegends.com/bjj/jiujit...pete-10-shorts