CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 02-12-2013, 02:30 PM   #81
Brian Strump

Profile:
Re: Crossfit Business Plan

Do either of you have a current job that can pay for your personal expenses? Most small businesses plan to not pay themselves for 6-12 months. That's why you start with SAVINGS.

Good luck getting a loan that the bank will allow that consists of paying you a salary. The bank will not consider your first year salary a "business" expense. That's not going to happen.

I would suggest one of you finds or stays at your job for a little longer and save money to help get you started.

On the other hand, you can also start in the part with no overhead except equipment. Which right now sounds like your best option to get started. Generate alittle money, and some buzz about your product. THEN, find a place when you need it. It's getting warm now down South, the weather shouldn't be a problem much longer. Some people feel that starting that way is "beneath them", but it beats the hell out of not being able to keep the doors to your business open in the first place.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:18 AM   #82
Bill R Kerr

Profile:

Hi Peter.

I know this is probably getting really annoying for you by now but if you don't mind i'd love to see a copy of your business plan template?

brkroofingsolutions@live.com.au

Thanks a lot, Bill.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:07 AM   #83
Christopher Morris

Profile:

This may not be what all of you want to hear, but...

My wife got her level I and started a box with two other athletes. Between the three of them, they pooled their resources, opened a couple of credit cards (not recommended), and bought $15k worth of equipment. While paying their monthly overhead, and paying off the initial credit card debt, they

did not pay themselves

for the first 18 months in business. Fortunately, the box was a second job for all three of them. I had a job that supported my wife/family, and the other two owners were a factory worker and a teacher. They viewed their coach-for-free approach as a way to gain equity and ownership of the gym LLC.

Eventually the word of mouth spread, and they got more clients. During this growth phase it was SO painful to have to buy more equipment, but they did it to keep up with increasing athlete numbers.

They probably should have chosen a higher monthly rate, but it was a small town with a depressed economy, so they were charging what fit the area.

I'll tell you a different story too: I live in south Denver now, and the couple that own the box nearest to me live in a nice house in the neighborhood with orthodontists, surgeons, and other successful business owners, so I know their gym is doing well. Their rates are higher.

Be as smart and exacting as you can when you set your rates. Too high will inhibit client growth. Too low will make it very painful later if you need to raise them just to keep your business solvent.

I wish you all the best success!
Old 02-19-2013, 12:20 AM   #84
Daniel O'Brien

Profile:

did anyone ever get this? would someone be kind enough to host it for others?

If not could I get a copy ( syclonet2@yahoo.com ) and I can find a host for it thanks.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:31 AM   #85
Jeremiah A Sullivan

Profile:

Hate to jump on the wagon but it anyone has any business plan template, I would love to see it also. Thanks Jeremiah: sulliv8@yahoo.com
Old 02-22-2013, 08:26 PM   #86
Steve Trotter

Profile:

I know I'm super late but would love to have this info as I am planning on opening a box this year also and need as much help as can be given. Will be asking bank to fork over some money so want to make sure I have the right approach. Thanks,

Steve Trotter
Necessaryruffnessfit@gmail.com
Old 02-22-2013, 08:56 PM   #87
Luke Conner

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cooper View Post
Hey guys - I was getting a lot of requests, so I put ours up on the 321Go site. Totally free, SFWH: http://321goproject.com/resources/startup-client-tools/
For all the new new requests
Old 03-01-2013, 07:19 PM   #88
Jacob Nobilio

Profile:

Hey everyone,
I am working on my business plan right now. Was wondering if anyone has finished theirs and would be willing to share. If so, please email me at ironwillwifitness@gmail.com. Thanks in advance for any help.
Jake
Old 03-08-2013, 06:16 AM   #89
Marco Gonzalez Garcia

Profile:

Hi everyone!!!
I´m also putting together a plan to open a box in my country but is proving a little difficult. I tried consulting 321Goproject but haven´t received any response.
Any of you have a little model os business plan that could share with me

I know sharing numbers and figures must be awkward but all i need is a model, don't mind the number

thanks anyone!! my mail is: mag1978@outlook.com

WOD ON!!
Old 04-05-2013, 02:10 PM   #90
Erik Pedersen Jr

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Hellberg View Post
Hi Karl I am just about to open up my box in the next couple weeks. I will send you an email later today with how we went about it.
Peter: I know this is much later in the post, but would you mind sending over the business plan or template that you had used? A partner and I who live in a great community are extremely interested and any help would be great. Thank! EPedersenJr@gmail.com -Erik

Thanks