CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 07-08-2011, 06:28 AM   #1
Adam Cimbanin

Profile:
My unit is hitting crossfit hard!

Hey there Im Adam Cimbanin and Im an Infantryman stationed in Afghanistan and my squad and myself have been doing crossfit everyday for the past three weeks and let me tell you what were all seeing diferences. The only problem with being deployed is not having the right equipment for some of the workouts. Im on here posting this thread asking for anyones help and if anyone has any old equipment such as kettlebells, crossfit jumpropes etc that they can donate to my unit. If so hit up my thread and Ill gladly talk to you guys and give you more information on who and were we are and what we may need.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:23 PM   #2
Alex Keller

Profile:
Re: My unit is hitting crossfit hard!

Hey Adam,

Great to hear that you are seeing the benefits of CrossFit! I own a small equipment supplier out of Austin, TX and we have made it our mission to give back and enable fitness around the world, especially when it is as important as it is to your unit. Our resources aren't vast yet, but we can definitely throw you a pair of rings!

I think the biggest hurdle is just people getting stuff to you. Even if someone has an old kb lying around, shipping is pretty costly.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:59 AM   #3
Adam Cimbanin

Profile:

Yeah that would be great if we could get a set of rings from you guys! Its very true that shipping is pretty costly.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:09 PM   #4
Andrew N. Casey

Profile:

look around and do what you can with what you got... when i was there we found that duffle bags filled with sand were good for lifting. to make a wicked jumprope, take some 550 cord and 100mph tape. tape a few hex nuts or empty ammo brass or such to the middle for some weight. then tape some wooden sticks or peices of pvc on the end for handles. 5 gallon water jugs filled will weigh about 45lbs and can be used for carries or swings. a good barbell with weights may be hard to come by, but pushups with a heavy ruck or doing squats with your battle buddy on your back will work. just be creative. most important, keep your spirits up and your heads down and come home safe.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:45 AM   #5
Steven Nedorolik

Profile:

Its amazing what you can put in a flat rate box. The limit is 75#, just make sure theres LOTS of tape!

some companies ship free to APOs