CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 12-30-2013, 07:27 AM   #721
Dare Vodusek

Profile:
Re: Conjugate CF article

Lol so I tried to use belt today and it was too big for me, must have some women size waist? Its 32.2 inches
Old 12-30-2013, 08:13 AM   #722
Dakota Base

Profile:

What size of belt were you wearing? I'm sub-32" waist at my belly button, 33" jeans, medium in leather Harbinger belts, large in their nylon triangle shaped belt. I'm 5'10", 190lbs.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:11 AM   #723
Dare Vodusek

Profile:

Its seems the belt is XL size (I'm not sure you guys in the states use the same size charts). My Levis are sized 31 I'm 5.87 and only 163

I'll try to persuade gym owner to cut a few extra holes in the belt
Old 12-31-2013, 06:17 AM   #724
Dare Vodusek

Profile:

We drilled extra holes in the belt, problem solved, will see on thursday if it will help my deadlift's form
Old 01-18-2014, 08:07 AM   #725
Wisam Saeed

Profile:

I want to start your program tomorrow and I read most of the thread here which answered a lot of my questions. But I have one question or maybe a problem.

1) Lets say I start the 3 week cycle with strict press and I go next day to the gym to a crossfit WOD, in a crossfit class, there is always the "Skill" part and the "WOD" part, lets say the skill of the day was a bench press, do I skip that? its not a shoulder workout its a chest workout so unrelated to my yesterdays ME.

The thing is I go to a gym to a class, so I dont control what WOD I do everyday. so what do you suggest?
Old 01-19-2014, 09:15 AM   #726
Robert Fabsik

Profile:

If you are going to use Chris's template, I'd do my best to follow it to a T.

Since Chris has programmed all the strength work, I'd definitely skip WODs that would overlap. So if you just did your ME upper body work yesterday and today your gym is programming bench press followed by a WOD. I'd skip the bench press.

You also have to be careful about WODs. What if you do a WOD today that has heavy thrusters and sprints and tomorrow you are supposed to do ME lower body? This could derail the ME workout.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:24 PM   #727
Chris Mason

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisam Saeed View Post
I want to start your program tomorrow and I read most of the thread here which answered a lot of my questions. But I have one question or maybe a problem.

1) Lets say I start the 3 week cycle with strict press and I go next day to the gym to a crossfit WOD, in a crossfit class, there is always the "Skill" part and the "WOD" part, lets say the skill of the day was a bench press, do I skip that? its not a shoulder workout its a chest workout so unrelated to my yesterdays ME.

The thing is I go to a gym to a class, so I dont control what WOD I do everyday. so what do you suggest?
As noted, if you want to follow the programming you need to follow the programming. Can you speak with your coach and ask if you can follow the program for a period of time?
Old 01-19-2014, 11:43 PM   #728
Wisam Saeed

Profile:

My coach wont mind me doing this programming, especially that im doing it to address a weakness that I have.

Good thing is that my gym posts the programming for the whole week on the beginning of every week, so I can plan accordingly.

My point of asking is that if I go ME on shoulder presses only, for 3 weeks without addressing any upper body part heavily, doing WOD only for those whole 3 weeks, wont be there discrimination?

I usually do 1 heavy exercise for each CF lift a week, like 1 Bench Press, 1 Deadlift, 1 Squat, all those heavy once a week. So leaving all those behind to work on 1 muscle for 3 weeks is new to me.

Dont get me wrong im not doubting the program its just a new thing to me im trying to learn more about an understand
Old 01-23-2014, 09:59 AM   #729
Chris Mason

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisam Saeed View Post
My coach wont mind me doing this programming, especially that im doing it to address a weakness that I have.

Good thing is that my gym posts the programming for the whole week on the beginning of every week, so I can plan accordingly.

My point of asking is that if I go ME on shoulder presses only, for 3 weeks without addressing any upper body part heavily, doing WOD only for those whole 3 weeks, wont be there discrimination?

I usually do 1 heavy exercise for each CF lift a week, like 1 Bench Press, 1 Deadlift, 1 Squat, all those heavy once a week. So leaving all those behind to work on 1 muscle for 3 weeks is new to me.

Dont get me wrong im not doubting the program its just a new thing to me im trying to learn more about an understand
When you say discrimination, what do you mean in that context?
Old 01-31-2014, 12:31 AM   #730
Dare Vodusek

Profile:

I had a little bit of setback. I was ill and took a week off (nothing serious, just some hard cold, no fever) then I returned to training this week and my strength is down approx 5%, so I was not even able to hit my PRs from 2 week ago.

What to do from now on, shall I add en extra week to my cycle or just proceed as normal? I currently do bench press and front squat.