CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 02-16-2010, 02:06 PM   #1
Departed

Profile:

Crossfitter's nightmare (Literally)

Last night, while asleep, I had dreamt that I was in a globo and doing side lateral raises with 10 pound dumbbells. Everyone else was doing crossfit and was laughing at me. I was embarrassed but couldn't stop doing the globo lifts.

It was terrible!!!!!

Anyone else have any dreams/nightmares relating to globo-ness/crossfit "themes"?
Old 02-16-2010, 02:36 PM   #2
Jason R O'Dell

Profile:
Re: Crossfitter's nightmare (Literally)

Well mine wasn't really CF related but was fitness related. I had a dream that I couldn't make it to the ruck in my rugby games. I'd be racing for it about to hit it then suddenly the ball would be out and it would be in the back line. Everytime there was a ruck I was just a step behind it. It was weird because I usually hit every ruck.
Maybe it was me subconciously doubting my speed and conditioning. Whatever it was I busted my *** at the next practice as a result.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:45 PM   #3
Omar Omar

Profile:

Every now and then I get a dream where I have to run for my life but it seems like there is no gravity...

It feels like I am trying my very best but moving very slowly, every time I touch the ground I go high in the air and have to wait to get back down to take the 2nd step, so on.

sprinting is my weakest movement in Track and during my high school track career I could have used some sprinting speed, some of my "team mates" took cheap shots and my coaches were always complaining about my 100m not improving ever, it daunted me then, and it's doing the same thing now...
Old 02-16-2010, 03:45 PM   #4
Milan Mitrovich

Profile:

No rugby player hits every ruck. Or should. Don't be so hard on yourself.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:18 PM   #5
Jason R O'Dell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan Mitrovich View Post
No rugby player hits every ruck. Or should. Don't be so hard on yourself.
I find myself in position to hit a good number of them most of the time. In the dream I didn't hit ANY though.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:39 PM   #6
Casey Crooks

Profile:

my dream along this line is fighting.
ive never been in a "fight" and that may have something to do with it, but about once a month ill have a dream where i get into a fight and i am totally incapable of landing a punch or when i do i cant hit hard.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:15 PM   #7
Departed

Profile:

Though I am no psychologist, my assumption is that all of these failures in our dream of not being fast or strong enough is our subconscious expressing our innate fears of not being good enough, or the innate fear of failure. Whenever I have those dreams, I usually think about it for a day or two and try to figure out ways to push past my fears (easier said then done of course).

I also have lots of dreams where I am running or chasing someone but can never catch up to them or win. I have a feeling that will be a common dream among people who exercise consistently.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:58 PM   #8
James Rios

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Cedarbaum View Post
Last night, while asleep, I had dreamt that I was in a globo and doing side lateral raises with 10 pound dumbbells. Everyone else was doing crossfit and was laughing at me. I was embarrassed but couldn't stop doing the globo lifts.
thats so awesome...

ive had a few about meeting various crossfit people. ive met Rippetoe in one, Coach Glassman in another and various others. they usually happen when the last thing i do before going to bed is watch Journal Vids...
Old 02-16-2010, 08:06 PM   #9
Don Traxler

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Crooks View Post
ive never been in a "fight" and that may have something to do with it, but about once a month ill have a dream where i get into a fight and i am totally incapable of landing a punch or when i do i cant hit hard.
I have this same dream occasionally, that is crazy!
Old 02-16-2010, 08:09 PM   #10
Matt Haxmeier

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Crooks View Post
I have this same one. It's like when I'm punching I'm very slow like a punch in water or goo.

Last night I was doing hella 3x5 Back Squats in my dreams and was seemingly always half awake and half asleep. I was also sweating a ton. I attribute this to a combination of the Starting Strength 3x5 back squats I did last night plus a fever from a cold I think I'm getting from my 3 year old.