CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 03-21-2009, 10:38 AM   #11
Amy Larson

Profile:
JT's killing me!

JT today. 21-15-9 HSPU, ring dips and push-ups

I do the HSPU assisted with my feet hooked over the bar on our smith machine. Slowly increasing the height although today when I moved the bar up the position was awkward and I felt myself cheating using the leverage from my legs. Moving the bar down a notch and keeping my legs parallel to the ground eliminated this. I had to break these up, and almost could not get the last four.

Ring dips are with legs straight out on chair. I can do ring dips unassisted, but have a long way until I can bang out 21!

Push-ups just killed after everything else.

I can barely type. CFE at the college track later.

Amy
Old 03-23-2009, 07:05 AM   #12
Amy Larson

Profile:
Murph

Modified the pack scaling from Brand X:
Run one mile
50 pull-ups
100 push-ups
150 squats
Run one mile

33:26

Increased the running and will count this as a CFE this week. All I can say is this is one killer workout. The hardest part for me is the push-ups. My chest and tris are still weak from the HSPU, Ring Dip, Push-Up love fest a couple days ago.

I'll be straying from the WODs later this week as we're heading out of town for a few days. Though I would get in a 10 mile run, kind of a warm-up to the 1/2 marathon in May. Will take along the kettlebell or some dumb-bells for some kind CrossFit workout. There is an affiliate close by so maybe I'll check that out, then again I'll be on vacation so maybe not.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:55 AM   #13
Amy Larson

Profile:
Re: CrossFit Mom Log

Spent a few days away on Spring Vacation but managed to keep on schedule with workouts. I took the opportunity that a relaxed schedule and beautiful scenery afforded and did a 10-mile run on Saturday. All I can say is CFE really works. I've only run more than 5K a 4-5 times since Christmas, and I felt strong and comfortable. Right foot is a little sore due to breakdown in POSE technique.

In other news, last night's "Karen" was brutal. The cardiovascular system held up, but my arms felt like lead toward the end. I suppose that's the point! Also had a nice improvement in "Lynne" the day before. Today is a rest day in my WOD cycle (I'm a few days behind, but try to maintain 3 on 1 off). I'll get a CFE workout in tonight.

Went completely off Zone for a few days and paid the price. Yesterday was spot-on and sleep was wonderful. I'm finding that not only do I need to stay on the Zone, but eat a block or two less than I'd really like. Having a slight sensation of hunger through the day pays off in a very good night's sleep.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:25 PM   #14
Amy Larson

Profile:
Feels good to be back.

Well it looks like I have been away for awhile. Not quite as long as my last post makes it seem, but since July. I tried "Insanity" and with two weeks to go called it quits and came back to CrossFit. The workouts were tough, a lot harder than I thought. I made it through them physically, but mentally I just couldn't take another day of Shaun T. leading me through the same workouts over and over.

I'm kicking myself now at the strength I've lost. I don't think it will take long to get back to where I was, I just wish I had stuck with CF since it was working so well. Lesson learned.

Looking back at my posts it looks like I was in top form posting to this thread while doing CrossFit and CFE training for a 1/2 marathon. In the interest of sticking with what works, I'll start posting again and more importantly, using these boards for help and support. This is a great community, wish I had never left.

Amy
Old 01-09-2010, 11:37 AM   #15
Jim Colby

Profile:
Re: Crossfit Mom Log

Interesting to read a post from someone who tried both P90X and Insanity since I hear a lot about both of those programs. I love metcons and the Insanity appeals to that part of me, but I like the balance of strength/endurance in CrossFit. Reading about your loss of strength adds a bit more evidence about the benefits of CrossFit. I'm following CF/CFE as well and having good results 6-months into it. Well, off to my garage to do Cindy and then a CFE Tabata/Hill workout. Good luck with everything!
Old 01-12-2010, 11:03 AM   #16
Amy Larson

Profile:

Been very bad about about posting lately, things just got crazy over the holidays (still are really). Haven't stopped the workouts though, and am finally feeling like I'm getting some CF gains back that I lost with the Insanity hiatus. Also am free of the knee pain that was constant during those weeks.

Have been pretty much sticking to the mainsite WODs with an occasional CFE workout thrown in. Not really sure if I want to train for a race or leave more time for paddlesurf and mt. biking this spring. With the kids' schedules and my work schedule, I'm happy to get one workout per day in, so I'll count my blessings. I may do a round of SS, still not sure, or tweak the mainsite WODs for a little more strength bias to work towards the RXd weights. My last Fran was with 55# with RXd reps, at 9:39, so I have a ways to go.

Sticking to paleo for my diet about 80% of the time and am having excellent results. I enjoy paleo food, the way it tastes, cooking it, how it makes me feel. I try to eyeball Zone proportions and get pretty close. Again, it's working, I feel good, so I'm not going to stress over an extra fat gram or two if I grab some nuts.

Gotta get to work, accountants can't be screwing around too much this time of hear.

Last edited by Amy Larson; 01-12-2010 at 11:07 AM..
Old 10-22-2010, 03:13 PM   #17
Andrew Bolliger

Profile:

Amy, come checkout Crossfit Salem anytime you are in town, I think you have some very good experience that our other members just getting started would like to hear. Lots of Moms are searching for the right program and you have tried many of them. Maybe we should have you do a talk to our members? Let me know-

Andy