CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 12-29-2008, 09:00 AM   #1
Dave Williamson

Profile:
Help From Iraq!!

Alright Crossfitters, Iím in need of some assistance. I am currently serving in Iraq with the US Army and have just over 3 months left. I just started Crossfit about a month ago and am already seeing some results but I have my wedding just a few months after I get back and I need some major results. My trouble spots are everybodyís trouble spots, those pesky love handles and that little spare tire. Everything else is toning up except these two areas. I know I need to change my diet and have had several suggestions, but I really need someone to dumb it down for me. When and what and how much to eat to maximize toning up that midsection. I have plenty of protein supplements at my disposal and the dining facility here is pretty good about having a variety. If anyone could help me lay out an easy, simple, diet plan to follow, I would be eternally grateful (and so would my Fiancť!) Thanks for the help everyone!

Dave Williamson
US Army
Old 12-29-2008, 09:10 AM   #2
Annlee Hines

Profile:
Re: Help From Iraq!!

Dave -

I have no idea how well this would work for you (depends a lot on the nature of your duty right now), but it's melting fat off my thighs - the female version of the same problem you have (wfs) - http://www.fast-5.com/

I had no problem transitioning into it - only took me 3 days, where I just stretched the fasting period out from overnight to the full 19 hours.

And ... in my feeding window, I get to eat real meals! Full size meals!! At my height (5'1"), trying to do Zone or something of that type means I get about two bites per snack and 3 per meal. Wow - be still my heart

The point of IF is to get your body burning fat stores by not giving it other sources. It works for many people, but not everyone.

HTH - and a hat tip from a Vet to another one serving. Come home safe.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:26 AM   #3
Brady Osborne

Profile:
Re: Help From Iraq!!

dave
first let me start of with thank you for what you do. my brother is over there and will be coming back around the same time.

as for the diet. a very dummy proof kinda gateway diet to me would be paleo. myself and two other already fit looking guys on my team switched to it and lost roughly 10 lbs and toned up in a matter of about 2-3 weeks. the bases of paleo is simply. if a caveman couldnt eat it then niether can you.

lean meats and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch, NO SUGAR. in that order. if its processed dont eat it. the first four should be available to you in most mess hall enviroment. good luck.

if you want more advice on how to personnally tweak it ive had good success with this diet so feel free to PM me. good luck.