CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 12-15-2008, 06:10 PM   #1
Patrik Van Pée

Profile:
NAY burpees!!!

I did the wod today. and it was the 1st time i did burpees. well the guy/gal that invented them needs a kick where it hurts most!

i neve thought they where so hard. I did my warm up. did soms DL warmup sets. i put 80kg on the bar.

and started. my first brake came after the 1st 10 brupees. my friend (who works at the gym) was laughing his *** off about me being dead already
(he is a globo gym-er but he is a cool guy. he always laughs when i do a wod. but its more because i'm dieing not because he thinks its sillly or anything)

in between his laughing is like "dont give up dude or i'll laugh harder!" "come one crossfit sissy!!" it realy helps not quitting

Oh and could you please add something to the demo movie. beeing: look infrot off you or your chin will hit the floor and that hurts!!

the bottom line:

NAY BURPEES!!!

Last edited by Patrik Van Pée : 12-15-2008 at 06:11 PM. Reason: added !!! and a red color
Old 12-17-2008, 12:36 PM   #2
Thomas Wozencraft

Profile:
Re: NAY burpees!!!

Yes, they bring me back to all those painful 100 degrees 3-a-day football down-ups I used to do when I was 16. They hurt then, they still do now. I've started on my own the 100 burpee challange. As one said here on the board, "if it's a weak area, then focus on it more". But what a great Cardio WO IMO. Don't let those clowns get you down, use them as motivation!