CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 12-11-2008, 06:55 AM   #1
Charlie Karnick

Profile:
charlie's ss log

Hi everyone. I just started doing SS last week after I ordered the book. I had been doing the scaled WOD's for about a month and started getting sick of having to use the buttercup/puppy scaling and want to do them RX'd. Anyway my plan is to do SS for about 2-3 months depending on my gains and get back into CF after that. During this time I plan on drinking GOMAD and eating as much as possible to get the best results. So I started about a week ago and here's where I stand.

Squat: 125lbs

Bench: 75lbs

DL: 135lbs

Press: 65lbs

Power Clean: 65lbs

I'm starting this log basically so that I can keep track of my progress but any comments by people who own the book and have done the program are appreciated. Also keep in mind that these weights are well under my 3 rep max but I decided to start very low so that I can really get the form down. Thanks!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2008, 07:09 AM   #2
Jake Scherzer

Profile:
Re: charlie's ss log

Shouldn't this be in the Training Logs section?

Just a heads-up...good luck!
Old 12-11-2008, 07:12 AM   #3
Charlie Karnick

Profile:

hehehe....ya i just realized that is there a way i can move it?
Old 12-11-2008, 07:37 AM   #4
Brian Bedell

Profile:

THink you need Mod help.

Otherwise, good luck!
Old 12-12-2008, 11:42 PM   #5
Charlie Karnick

Profile:

first day posting on my log.

12/12

Squat 135

Press 75

Clean 65

I had some trouble with the squats but I think its mostly due to not resting enough between sets. Its hard to transition that aspect after doing CF! Press went better than I expected and actually got easier as I concentrated on proper wrist placement and bar path. Despite not going up in weight I think I made a big leap in clean form. Its actually starting to resemble what it should look like. I reread that chapter in SS and watched the clean video on this site about 30 times before I hit the gym and I think it helped a lot. Definitely gonna add more weight next time.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:29 PM   #6
Charlie Karnick

Profile:

12/15

squat 145

bench 85

dead 155

felt pretty good after resting over the weekend. Squats were challenging but not very dificult overall. Bench was very easy but im hesitant to bump the weight up by more than 10lbs cuz bench has always been my weakest exercise. Deads went up just fine but I have to focus more on form. I kind of felt like I didnt get a very good workout just because I didn't feel too tired afterward. im sure this will change as the weights get heavier.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:48 AM   #7
Charlie Karnick

Profile:

12/17

Well bad news today. Last night I rolled my ankle playing basketball. Although its not too bad I don't think I can effectively squat today and theres no chance of doing cleans. I'm hoping it will be better by friday but if not I may have to take the rest of this week off, it really pains me to do it but it would be much worse if I seriously injured myself trying to lift when I shouldn't.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:06 AM   #8
Charlie Karnick

Profile:

12/19
Took wednesday off cuz of the ankle but it feels much better today. Not 100% but good enough to bust out the squats and deads. I'm pumped cuz missing wednesday killed me!
Old 12-19-2008, 08:35 AM   #9
Justin McGinley

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Karnick View Post
Bench was very easy but im hesitant to bump the weight up by more than 10lbs cuz bench has always been my weakest exercise.
Take your time with the gains. Upping weight too fast is the best way to get stuck early. You should up bench 5lbs per workout, and ride out the slow progress for as long as you can.

Bummer about the ankle. You are smart to let it heal, but you should be in the gym doing pullups or something heavy while it heals.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:11 PM   #10
Charlie Karnick

Profile:

12/19

Squat 155

Bench 90

Dead 175

Thanks for the advice Justin. Luckily I looked at this right before I went to the gym and I brought my 2 1/2 pound plates for bench. Squats were a little rough today but I think it was probly due to the layoff on wednesday. Bench went up just fine. I absolutely need to review my form on deads, the weight went up but it felt wrong. I almost wish it wasn't the weekend so I could get to the gym sooner... Also I was wondering if anyone who's done SS happens to look at this, What did your diet consist of while on the program. I find myself eating A LOT of fast food (burgers only tho no fries or any other crap) I basically NEVER ate fast food before this program so I was wondering if anyone else ate similarly and if it had any ill effects. Thanks!!!!!!!!!