CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 11-14-2008, 01:43 PM   #1
Keith Walker

Profile:
"THE KEITHINATOR'S" LOG FOR THE 40+ CFer's

This is a continuation of my first thread and post on the message board.

Even though I am in the best shape I have been in in my life thanks to CF we all know that in your 40's and on up you may not be performing as you may have, say, if you were 20 something.

So this can be a place for realistic results and to learn how to scale, etc

From my first thread (scroll down to see the today's WOD results):

So here I sit, 44 years old, 45 in January, with a ton of practical exercise experience and almost 1 year of CF experience.

I did triathlon's for several years (stopped a few yrs ago), have been a Spinning Instructor for 10 years, and still counting, was a Certified Personal Trainer for about 3 years. JAddicted to fitness and exercise and the results.

CF has done incredible things for me. I have broken/reached all kinds of PR's and I am working hard every week to improve and get better. It is an amazing program. CF ROCKS!!!!

So I want to hear about your challenges and WOD's and inspiring and motivating stories.

I hope I can provide by example and show you out there that in your 40's you can be an amazing athlete, be in incredible shape and still succeed.

Here are my stats: 44/200/6'2"

Here's what I did today with Christin (A soccer Mom's Log)

Five rounds for time of:
95 pound Hang Power Snatch, 15 reps
Run 400 meters

Scaled with 65#
I workout at a globo gym, so I stopped the timer running between the treadmill and the weight rm

12:45

CONTINUED:

"Annie"
DU's
Sit ups (anchored)
50-40-30-20-10

7:05

for the DU's, 40 on down were without stopping, the first 50 took me a minute to get my groove on, but after a couple of stops, I ran with it.

I was breathing fire today! We both were!

I nailed the Du's, so I did 50 more w/out stopping! I finally felt like I made it with these. FYI: DU's were VERY HARD for me to learn, I struggled, so if you are struggling with these, don't give up!
Old 11-14-2008, 01:48 PM   #2
Keith Walker

Profile:
Re: "THE KEITHINATOR'S" LOG FOR THE 40+ CFer's

I forgot to add to the end of the WOD:

4 planks
1:30
1:15
Old 11-14-2008, 04:15 PM   #3
Christin Street

Profile:

Hey Keith- We rocked it hard today! I never workout nearly as hard unless I'm chasing after you. (Read: He's always ahead of me.)

You were amazing on those DUs! Nice job on Annie. Be sure to look on the main site for Speal's Annie vid.

Might see you tomorrow but might take the day off.

Still laughing over !!
Old 11-14-2008, 06:04 PM   #4
Stephen R. Lampl

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Walker View Post
I forgot to add to the end of the WOD:

4 planks
1:30
Keith,

Inspiring work from both of you today! Keep on rockin it!! Gives us in the "over 50 crowd" more gumption in shooting for the works!!
Old 11-15-2008, 06:02 AM   #5
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Well I have 18 months until I can officially come onto your log now old boy, haha. Great work on the Hang Snatch/run WOD , you and Christins times are madly fast. Also on that Annie the better you get at the double unders the more hurt you receive, good to have another person to compete with on the boards.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
Old 11-15-2008, 08:52 AM   #6
Dave Coughlin

Profile:

7:05 on Annie Rx'd? that's fast. I tried Annie a couple weeks ago, and wanted to use my jumprope as a clothesline afterwards. I finished around 11 minutes, but figured I could one day get down to around 9....but seven minutes? Hells no.

Have you tried that burpee/pullup workout Christin did a couple days ago?
Old 11-15-2008, 05:09 PM   #7
Keith Walker

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coughlin View Post
7:05 on Annie Rx'd? that's fast. I tried Annie a couple weeks ago, and wanted to use my jumprope as a clothesline afterwards. I finished around 11 minutes, but figured I could one day get down to around 9....but seven minutes? Hells no.

Have you tried that burpee/pullup workout Christin did a couple days ago?
Hey thanks Dave for the kudos---it's about nailing the friggin' DU's! It was so hard forme to learn them but once I nailed them you FLY!! Keep practicing them, getting the rythm of the jump and the rapid turn of the rope. It really is in the wrists and locking the shoulders and wrists.

I haven't done the burpee/pullup--or was it the DL/burpee? I haven't done the DL/burpee one BUT I WILL soon and report back! )

Thanks for posting. Work on those DU's. I wanted to throw my rope in the trash after a couple of weeks, but see yourself doing them and you will.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:18 PM   #8
Keith Walker

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins View Post
Well I have 18 months until I can officially come onto your log now old boy, haha. Great work on the Hang Snatch/run WOD , you and Christins times are madly fast. Also on that Annie the better you get at the double unders the more hurt you receive, good to have another person to compete with on the boards.
sically
Hey Scott. Hey man, you're not so old! haha

Thanks for the remarks........re the DU's..........after the Annie workout and the other workout, doing the last 50 DU's I literally went into another place physically.....the neurochemicals released, it felt surreal, the anaerobic HR and the pure sensation of euphoria was amazing...........isn't that what you meant by "the more hurt you receive" ?!!! haha

Of course when I finished (that made it 200 DU's) I laid down on the floor and made a perfect sweat angel which Christin ook a photo of.

I would love to know your times and what you are doing. How old are you really?
Old 11-15-2008, 05:21 PM   #9
Keith Walker

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen R. Lampl View Post
Keith,

Inspiring work from both of you today! Keep on rockin it!! Gives us in the "over 50 crowd" more gumption in shooting for the works!!
Hey Stephen! Thanks for the post. Let me know what you're doing in your WOD's. I'd enjoy you sharing your times, etc

I look forward to blogging with you.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:44 PM   #10
Christin Street

Profile:

Hey Keith! Missed you at the gym today! I didn't do much. Not the same without you. Hope you all are having a great weekend!

Not to stir the pot but...Richard's Annie time is 5:39 and Scott's is 6:35.:stir: Better get to work!
Of course I shouldn't talk since I can't do DUs at all! Yeah, ever since you pointed out that the rope wasn't going through twice.What a humbling moment for me! Bless my heart, huh? I should patent that move..."The Fake Double Under."
See you Monday!