CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 10-13-2008, 08:05 AM   #1
Linda Stanley

Profile:
Colorado in Arvada Golden area

Hi all,
New to Crossfit. Have been just working out doing cardio followed by sets of weights for certain body parts (you know the routine). Anyway, I am a member of the APEX Center in Arvada, and wanted to know if there was anyone there doing Crossfit that would want to meet with me to do the workouts. I generally go mornings around 9, but am somewhat flexible. I am looking for someone that can help motivate me and make sure I am doing the exercise right, etc.

If there is anyone else around this area that doesn't go to that rec center, I may be able to go somewhere else, but funds are severely limited. Shoot me an e-mail and let me know - LindaEStanley@aol.com

A little about me: Female, 40's, mom, law school student, work from home, looking for another part time position outside of home. Recently lost over 60 pounds. I was very much in shape when I was diagnosed with Graves Disease (thyroid). It basically took more than 10 years to figure it out, which I had to do myself. I also had two babies in the meantime (a miracle I could conceive let alone carry them to term with no thyroid). My metabolism was so messed up that I could eat like a horse and the next morning I would have lost weight! Anyway, I am basically quite strong, large frame, Iowa bred, drove a 18-wheeler woman, that now when I am not so depressed and embarrassed about my weight can finally start really training harder.

Let me know if you are interested in helping me out! I don't care M or F, age, whatever.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:10 PM   #2
Linda Stanley

Profile:
Re: Colorado in Arvada Golden area

Also, I am a DU Law School student, so I can work out at the Rec Center there as well, if that is closer to someone!