CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 08-01-2008, 07:36 AM   #1
David Schneider

Profile:
One Day = Two PR's!!!

Yesterday was a pure strength day. I did 7 single heavy DL reps followed by 5 rounds of max reps of HSPU's, Ring Pullups, and Ring Dips. Rest 3 minutes between each round.

Long story short... About a month ago I couldn't even do ONE full range HSPU and yesterday I hit 15 in a row... I love handstands...

Before that, I pulled a 420# DL, twice... @ a bodyweight of 183#. (I know I could have pulled something bigger than 420#, but that just so happened to be every single weight I have in the garage. So, it looks as if I have some shopping to do! ) Needless to say, I was definitely happy with that. It's a ***** keeping up strength levels and maintaining your lowest weight ever.

-David

Last edited by David Schneider : 08-01-2008 at 07:39 AM.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:47 AM   #2
Richard Macaulay

Profile:
Re: One Day = Two PR's!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Schneider View Post
Yesterday was a pure strength day. I did 7 single heavy DL reps followed by 5 rounds of max reps of HSPU's, Ring Pullups, and Ring Dips. Rest 3 minutes between each round.

Long story short... About a month ago I couldn't even do ONE full range HSPU and yesterday I hit 15 in a row... I love handstands...

Before that, I pulled a 420# DL, twice... @ a bodyweight of 183#. (I know I could have pulled something bigger than 420#, but that just so happened to be every single weight I have in the garage. So, it looks as if I have some shopping to do! ) Needless to say, I was definitely happy with that. It's a ***** keeping up strength levels and maintaining your lowest weight ever.

-David
Awesome work mate, can i ask why you are try to keep your bodyweight down?

Ricky
Old 08-01-2008, 07:54 AM   #3
Richard Vanmeerbeek

Profile:

Going from 0 to 15 consecutive full range HSPUs in 1 month is quite incredible to me. I can't evn count the months, and I've never done more than 10 consecutive

Congrats !!!

I was about to ask the same question as Ricky, if 183lbs is uncomfortable, just go up a notch. How tall are you ?
Old 08-01-2008, 08:49 AM   #4
David Schneider

Profile:

Thanks Boys, much appreciated.

I'm about 6' to 6'1". As far as my weight, I am currently leaner and stronger than I have ever been. I used to be super fat at around 260# so it's been a long, hard road. I've maintained 183# for the last month or more not even really trying. I eat like a Rabid Dinosaur and continue to see gains. I would be comfortable anywhere from 180 to 195 or so. I still have some fat to shed so I think I'm hitting my groove right now, maximizing my lean muscle gains while shedding as much fat as possible. I would go up in weight, like you gentlemen suggested, but I can't afford to gain any fat, so, I really dialed in my diet, and I'm training like never before, so I think it's all starting to come together.

Thanks again!

-David
Old 08-01-2008, 08:57 AM   #5
Jake Oleander

Profile:

15 full range HSPU, thats incredible! good job!
Old 08-01-2008, 10:20 AM   #6
Richard Macaulay

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Oleander View Post
15 full range HSPU, thats incredible! good job!
I think you are doing great mate, i cant do that many HSPU, no way. I am also 6'1, about 205-210. Im currently eating like a horse on this program, im always hungry lol. I seem to eat 6 meals +mayb one or 2 whey shakes a day+now im adding 2litres of semi skimmed milk to the equation.
But im not just CFitting. I Cf 3-4 times a week, but i also have rugby training tuesday,thursday, and games starting soon on saturdays. try always have sundays off.

I think keep doing what you are doing, busting *** in the gym, and you will probably find that the weight starts to go up and you'll probabaly be leaner to.

Ricky
Old 08-01-2008, 11:23 AM   #7
David Schneider

Profile:

Thanks Ricky...

I think I will stick with what I'm doing as long as I continue progressing nicely. I think you're right too, my weight will eventually start to rise once more muscle gets added and the fat is gone.

Sounds like you're kicking *** too man! Good job!

Rugby guys are some tough bastards... Keep up the good work!

-David
Old 08-01-2008, 11:38 AM   #8
Richard Macaulay

Profile:

Quote:
Thanks Ricky...

I think I will stick with what I'm doing as long as I continue progressing nicely. I think you're right too, my weight will eventually start to rise once more muscle gets added and the fat is gone.

Sounds like you're kicking *** too man! Good job!

Rugby guys are some tough bastards... Keep up the good work!

-David
Thanks mate, have you got a logg on the go?

Yeh aslong as you are eating enough, and your strength keeps going up you will most probably find the scale starting to creep up to.

Haha, thanks, iv got 2 training session with rugby tommorow, one at the beach (fitness yuk!!), then the afternoon one will be more team based, but still not pleasant. Then im guessing i crash out on my couch with a couple bottles of beer, and a pizza (perfect time for a good cheat meal lol).

Ricky
Old 08-01-2008, 02:10 PM   #9
Leanne M Lloyd

Profile:

Quote:

-David
Grats on the double PR!
Old 08-02-2008, 09:05 AM   #10
Kimberly Berk

Profile:

Quote:

-David
Well, aren't you just a stud!