CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 12-10-2008, 10:56 AM   #1
Kristofer Shamloo

Profile:
Your weird habits.

Everyone has a few little weird quirks they pick up along the road of life, lets hear some of them. I'll start us off with some of mine.

-Often I'll catch myself "blowing" on a spoonful of ice cream as if to cool it off. I think I subconsciously recognize its at an extreme temperature, just the wrong end.

-Whenever I'm thinking intently I will automatically start chewing on my tongue, I never realize I am doing it until someone points it out to me.

I'm sure I can think of more, now it's your turn.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:18 AM   #2
Jesse R james

Profile:
Re: Your weird habits.

When I eat food...I always eat things in their own little groups. Not sure why, but if there are 5 things on the plate...then I eat each one completely before moving to another. Steak, broccoli, mashed cauliflower, and salad? Each part eaten by itself before moving on to the next. Never noticed until my g/f got onto me about it.

As long as it has remained hot the entire time, I have no issue drinking coffee thats a few hours to a day old. Strange I know. I blame the Marine Corps...in the field, any hot coffee is fresh coffee.

I prefer my diet soda at room temperature, but my beer has to be ice cold.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:25 AM   #3
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:

I flip sandwiches over as I eat them several times, almost every bite.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:40 AM   #4
Frank Dennis

Profile:

I shake the milk jug before I pour, like I'm mixing a shake or something. It's not like I grew up drinking un-homogenized milk or anything, either. No idea why I do it, but always have.

On the geekdom front, it bugs the crap out of me if my PC is running at less than 90% resources free when I'm not actively using an application. Even if it's 89% free, I'll hunt down the whatever tiny background app is launching itself and ruining my resources score.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:51 AM   #5
Jimi Miller

Profile:

-I mouse left handed at work and right handed at home.

I'm sure I'll think of move later.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:26 PM   #6
Chris Scott

Profile:

When I'm concentrating hard, I tend to look like I'm angry. I really have to watch this around people who don't know me.

I sneeze in groups of three to seven. This is partly affected by geography. In Austin it tends to be three, New York four, San Antonio five, and Costa Rica six.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:40 PM   #7
Jeff Yan

Profile:

When I brush my teeth, sometimes I move my head instead of my arm.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:22 PM   #8
Kristofer Shamloo

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Dennis View Post
I shake the milk jug before I pour, like I'm mixing a shake or something. It's not like I grew up drinking un-homogenized milk or anything, either. No idea why I do it, but always have.

On the geekdom front, it bugs the crap out of me if my PC is running at less than 90% resources free when I'm not actively using an application. Even if it's 89% free, I'll hunt down the whatever tiny background app is launching itself and ruining my resources score.
Ha I love it, keep em comin'
Old 12-10-2008, 01:30 PM   #9
Nancy Cohen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse R james View Post
When I eat food...I always eat things in their own little groups. Not sure why, but if there are 5 things on the plate...then I eat each one completely before moving to another. Steak, broccoli, mashed cauliflower, and salad? Each part eaten by itself before moving on to the next.
Me too. And when my husband says, "Try a bite of this and this together, it's delicious," I always decline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Yan View Post
When I brush my teeth, sometimes I move my head instead of my arm.
When I'm done brushing my teeth, I say, "Poof."

I am constantly humming and don't usually realize it until husband tells me to stop. And when I wake up in the middle of the night, I'm often humming a tune as well. My dad used to constantly whistle and it would drive me crazy, so I feel sorry for my husband, having to put up with this.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:03 PM   #10
Christian Gotcher

Profile:

I absolutely cannot sleep with either a shirt or a pair of socks. Never have been able to. Whenever I do a maximal lift (ie: 185# C&J), I do this weird train-breathing like an old steam-engine rolling down the line... and it's loud. I almost always stand with my legs crossed over each other or leaning slightly to one side. I say "check rog" in response to virtually everything.
M/22/155|Murph-28:19|Helen-9:39|Annie- 5:12|CFT-700|1.5 Mile-8:35|Strict PU-24|Fran-5:24 log