CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 02-25-2008, 01:56 AM   #1
Zach McQueen

Profile:
New Guy

Hi folks, new guy here! I'm 27, married with a son and another on the way. I've started lifting again after about a three year hiatus and I've been doing the old chest/tri, back/bi, legs/shoulders routine with decent results but I'm REALLY impressed with the results that I've seen from the folks here at CF. I'm 5'8", 248 pounds, and my main goal right now is to shed 48 pounds to be able to pass the Alabama State Troopers pt test. If I pass, I hope to make it through the academy with flying colors (with the help of CF our course). I have a few questions about some things (equipment wise) but I'll post those in their respective sub-forums. I'd also like to hear from any officers on the board and find out how they think CF has helped them "on the job". Thanks!
Old 02-25-2008, 12:32 PM   #2
Grant Scalf

Profile:
Re: New Guy

Welcome Zach. CF will most definitely help you reach your goal of 200lbs while building strength, balance, coordination, endurance, etc. You'll probably never look at chest/tris, back/bis, and legs/shoulders the same .
Old 02-25-2008, 12:37 PM   #3
Ron Winter

Profile:
Re: New Guy

Zach,

Congrats on getting started with CF. My recommendation would be to start out slow on the WOD instead of jumping straight into the WOD as RX'd. If you work hard, eat right, then shedding the 48 pds. should gradually start to happen. Congrats on the upcoming kid and keep bettering yourself. Let us know if you have any questions.