CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 11-30-2007, 05:45 AM   #21
Allison Bishop

Profile:
Re: AllisonNYC

It's 7:15 and I've been up for 45 minutes with a stabbing, shooting pain in the front of my right shoulder. It's like a 5 from 1-10. I'm getting one every 2 seconds and it's driving me nuts!! I took some asprin and I hope it kicks in so I can go back to sleep.

I assume it's from the kipping. Or maybe the push-ups.

I've also been having a lot of tightness in my hips. I've always had an anterior pevic tilt. It was shown in the picture of my "muted hip function". I need to stretch! Keith W. said those hip flexors are like steel cables and take a lifetime to stretch out.

I'm not a yoga kind of girl but maybe it's what I need. I've got this cool LuLuLemon bag that I use for my gym stuff and it has a special hidden pocket for a yoga mat. I might do yoga just to take advantage of it! It seriously is the coolest bag ever. It has a map on the inside for all the special pockets. I love pockets. LuLuLemon pants have a hidden pocket too! That's one of the reasons I almost never leave the house without wearing a pair. It's hard to get me out of them.

I used to go for shiatsu massages every 2 weeks before I started Crossfit. Now I'm down to every 2 months. I think I'll treat myself to one for my Birthday next week. I need it.

I'll ask my coach Mike P. for some stretching ideas. It seems like he knows everything. I call him 15 times a day to ask him stuff. I have great Coaches. Mike P, Keith W, Court and Josh are the best. They are really passionate about training like I am and I have so much to learn from them.

One of the reasons I love the Crossfit community so much is that non-Crossfitters can't relate to my obsession.
For example- I went to my friend Waynes house for Thanksgiving dinner. Everyone was thankful for their cars and stuff like that. I said I was thankful for my baby brother EthanBoo, Greg Glassman and all him and his team have done for us, my great coaches at the Box, my health which has improved since starting Crossfit and so on. They thought I was strange.
Also, when I'm all excited about a PR I have to go to the boards for someone to appreciate and understand my excitement.

If I have anything to do with it soon everyone who crosses my path will become a Crossfitter. My mom is getting in on it and my brother is going to be a Crossfit kid.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:50 AM   #22
Michael V. Perkins

Profile:

Hey, Allison. Congrats on the PRs.

I haven't come close to making such advances in my times or weight.

When is your mom going to start? I want to see her progress photos.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:47 AM   #23
Allison Bishop

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Oto View Post
... what? Put some tape over the tears. It's not ideal but it'll keep you going.

Oh My Gosh. Oops. I thought you were talking about taping something else when I run.

My callouses didn't rip but I'm nervous that they will. I would rather prevent that from happening..
Old 11-30-2007, 12:05 PM   #24
Allison Bishop

Profile:

November 30, 2007

25 GHD sit-ups 2x
25 GHD back extensions 2x
15 OHS 45# 2x
SS 20 sec 3x

Pull-ups:
11 rounds + 6
All kipping except a few mixed grip dead hangs at the end.

Last time: 10 rounds all singles

MY HANDS HURT! every part of them. I felt like I was going to tear a callous during the workout which was distracting. My fingers and the palms of my hands are killing me.

Tabata sit-ups after the WOD: 11 each round

I'm going to lost batallion hall tomorrow for some Olympic Lifting Practice. Maybe I'll get another PR on my Clean and Jerk. I'm looking for at least 125.

I should really focus on the snatch. I can do it with a KB but it's a whole other world with the BB. That's the main reason I started going to LBH. I needed some extra help.
I'm dying to go to the Burgener Cert.

My Zoning is going really well. I love it. I feel full and lighter. I used to eat so much that I looked pregnant all the time. I would eat until I felt sick and needed to sleep. I feel so much better this way.

It may sound vain but I can't wait to look as strong as I am. I'm sick of people saying "oh I never would have guessed you're strong". When Nicole walks in a room you know that girl is a powerhouse. I want to look that way and the Zone is going to help me get there.

I always say looking good is a side effect of training hard. I believe that. I'm focused on what my body can do. I love having the freedom my healthy strong body gives me.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:37 PM   #25
Jake Di Vita

Profile:

Quote:
I always say looking good is a side effect of training hard. I believe that. I'm focused on what my body can do. I love having the freedom my healthy strong body gives me.
That's a great attitude.

Appearance is a consequence of fitness.

Last edited by Jake Di Vita : 11-30-2007 at 12:43 PM.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:15 PM   #26
Yoon Sohn

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison Bishop View Post
I'm going to lost batallion hall tomorrow for some Olympic Lifting Practice. Maybe I'll get another PR on my Clean and Jerk. I'm looking for at least 125.
Don't go. The LBH weightlifting area is closed tomorrow (I just heard back from Lenny today)...all the coaches are at the American Open this weekend.

btw, congrats on the multiple PRs lately!!
Old 11-30-2007, 04:08 PM   #27
Allison Bishop

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoon Sohn View Post
Don't go. The LBH weightlifting area is closed tomorrow (I just heard back from Lenny today)...all the coaches are at the American Open this weekend.

btw, congrats on the multiple PRs lately!!
Thanks for the heads up Yoon! I guess I'll see you at the Box tomorrow?!
Old 11-30-2007, 06:48 PM   #28
Allison Bishop

Profile:

I've worked out every single day since Sunday. That's 6 days in a row. I trained hard, too.

My problem is I DON'T WANT TO REST! I learned my lesson about over training the hard way when I first started crossfitting. I wore myself down big time. But I feel great now! Maybe it's the Zone or something but I have even more energy than usual. I feel like I have so much to do and I don't feel like taking a day off.

I've been complaining to everyone who will listen about being extra stiff. Maybe I'll take an active rest day and do the yoga I was considering. Keith W. teaches in the city. I went to his class one time the weekend I started Crossfit. That was a great weekend. We did swing-a-ring too. It was a great class except for one thing..... I figured out half was through the class that my stretchy pants were see through when I bent over!! I spent 45 minutes of my life mooning yogies!!

I'm really feeling those 100 sit-ups and GHD sit-ups I did today. I'm a little nervous about what I'm going to feel like tomorrow. Who knows maybe I won't want to move tomorrow.

ZONE:
I'm doing really well. I haven't cheated except a few extra peanuts. .. OK that's a lie.. I nibbled a cookie today and ate 2 cheez-its ( that looks really gross. Why would nabisco name their product cheese zits?!? not very appetizing) <that's gross too
Other than that I've been perfect. Now when do I get my cheat day?? I want something crunchy! Like granola! I want something so crunchy that I break a tooth!!
Old 11-30-2007, 09:27 PM   #29
Steven Low

Profile:

Blisters suck.

If you don't mind your hands being like leather you can get to the point where you pretty much will never rip. Basically to do this after your workouts do anything where you're getting friction on your hands for a couple of minutes if they haven't been thoroughly exercised during said WOD. It will take a few weeks, but the hands will toughen up to the point where they're barely affected by any stimulus assuming you shave them down regularly.

Also, as you may well know if you feel like injuries are coming on definitely take a break. A lot of us pay for injuries we could've avoided had we just rested a few days rather than push through and then be forced to rest for a few weeks or even months. It's not worth it.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:28 PM   #30
Yoon Sohn

Profile:

No, I can't make it to The Box tomorrow (I've got class all morning/afternoon downtown).

6 days straight of hard training is no joke, so it sounds like you're due for a rest day...stretch, foam roll, massage etc.