|01-24-2006, 02:21 AM||#1|
finally, I got my olympic bar and some weights:
- a new black Ivanko bar, center knurl, with CO-2.5kg collars (the bar is the "Economy" version I think, the guy I bought it from (Cyberfit - official Ivanko Germany representative) called it a "studio bar" and said it would be OK for the olympic moves at the beginner level) - BTW is there any product identification on these bars? Where?
- together with a set of used calibrated Ivanko competition weights (2x25kg Olympic weightlifting bumpers, 2x10kg + 2x5kg chrome powerlifting disks, 2x2.5kg + 2x1.25kg rubber encased disks)
- all for 380 EUR
Now, my question:
- should I get an additional pair of 10kg bumpers, and bridge the gap to the 25kg bumpers with the steel plates?
- or should I get an additional pair of 15kg bumpers and use only the steel plates for weights below 55kg?
Some notes on where I bought it (for others in Germany):
- the Cyberfit representative (http://www.cyberfit.de/cf/en/cf_news.php, located in Gelsenkirchen/Germany) was very friendly and seemed knowledgeable to me, so I would recommend it to people in Germany
- Ivanko at Cyberfit was *much* cheaper than any other brand name vendor over here (like Schnell (selling Schnell), Manfred Nerling (selling Eleiko) or Hantel Hartmann (selling Ligo, Uesaka, Pallini, and Leoko))
... so glad I finally have my oly bar! ... went right into it this morning deadlifting 80kg - no problems at all - but I will start light and work my way up ...
|01-25-2006, 05:20 PM||#2|
Christian, If it were me, I'd probably buy either a set of 15's, or 20's, and not another set of 10's. The 15's would be more versatile, as you have pointed out, and they will last longer.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Complete Olympic Lifting DVD||Jan Szyndler||Exercises||0||07-19-2006 05:57 PM|
|Need Advice on Gaining Weight||jason lopez||Nutrition||13||09-24-2005 07:23 AM|
|Threaded olympic bar - need collar advice||Matt Kight||Equipment||2||07-11-2005 08:54 PM|
|Zone advice- still loosing weight||Scott Hagnas||Nutrition||6||05-06-2005 11:42 AM|
|Olympic barbell set advice needed||hakim||Equipment||9||07-23-2004 01:26 PM|