CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 09-09-2005, 03:04 AM   #1
Ed Ryan

Profile:
Great Workout. I really enjoyed this one. Finished in 13:30. I just had one problem though. When I did the Overhead Squat, I found myself not being able to perform the whole motion. When I would squat, my arms would bend, and come down and out. What can improve flexibility doing this workout?
Old 09-09-2005, 03:23 AM   #2
Jesse Woody

Profile:
Check out the "official crossfit warmup" in Lynne Pitt's FAQ. I'd do the overhead squat stretch as often as you can stand, it's an excellent flexibility exercise :D

http://www.mitymous.net/weights/xfitfaq.htm#General6
Old 09-09-2005, 02:38 PM   #3
Seth Orell, Jr.

Profile:
Ed, the OHSquat is my nemesis. It wants to kill me, but I won't let it. I fight it during every warmup. My weapons of choice? Why, the mighty broomstick and a stout length of PVC pipe are all I need to conquer this beast. That and some practice...then some more practice...

Also, check out the CFJ#36 for an awesome article on OHS (with photos...rawr :biggrin:)