CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 04-27-2012, 05:53 AM   #1
Aku P

Profile:
mobility exercises for hips

I'm not completely sure if i posted this to the right section but here it goes. So i got my hips injured quite bad 5 years ago in hockey game. My both legs broke loose from hip joints ( i dont know if i can say it like that) and almost every muscle in my lower body ruptured. Even tough i recovered quite well that was end of my hockey career. First couple years after the accident i got lots of pain and cramps when doing almost anything with my legs but during last years my legs have started to work correctly.

When i started cf couple months ago i also started doing more workouts with free weight. Ive trained hard all my life so it was just little change of aspect.

The problem is that even tough I have decent technique in most exercises, i have problems with my hip mobility. Biggest problem is when flexing my legs outward. This makes for example squatting difficult because i cant squat deep enough when i put my feet even as wide as my shoulders.

I would like to hear if there is any good mobility exercise for hips. I know that part of this problem is because of the damaged hip structure but i think that some exercises would help. Thanks!
Old 04-27-2012, 07:11 AM   #2
Brian Strump

Profile:
Re: mobility exercises for hips

Search moblity wod.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:19 AM   #3
Aku P

Profile:
Re: mobility exercises for hips

I looked up that mobility wod but i felt it was little too comprehensive because my overall mobility is good. Im looking for little more accurate movements and flexes just for hip area. But thanks for the tip anyway!