CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 08-05-2009, 04:22 AM   #1
Tim Taylor

Profile:
Wright Bar

Does anyone have any experience with the Wright bar? Wright Rubber is now selling a package w/ bumpers and their own bar for a great price! I just want to know if you guys have heard or seen anything first hand.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:16 PM   #2
Tim Taylor

Profile:
Re: Wright Bar

Nothing? Really? No one has any experience w/ these bars?
Old 08-13-2009, 01:03 PM   #3
Jason Hughes

Profile:

Tim,

The Wright Bar is a 28.5 mm bar with center knurling and powerlifting marks. This bar has the same great knurling that has made other bars famous. It features top quality brass bushings for dependable spin, and will whip enough for use in Olympic Weightlifting. The bar is fully zinc coated for exceptional durability and a phenomenal look.

GUARANTEED FOR LIFE AGAINST BENDING AND/OR COLLARS FALLING OFF BY THE MANUFACTURER

If I can help with anything else just shoot me an email jason@wrightrubber.com or 800-239-5194

In Good Health,

Jason Hughes
Old 08-13-2009, 11:28 PM   #4
Scott Sedgwick

Profile:

We ordered two of the package deals a couple of months ago for our garage gym, as well as two of the wright womens bars. We have about a dozen people using them 5 days a week, and so far, so good. Jason took good care of us when we placed our order, and we recieved it in a very timely fashion. I am not a proffessional O-lifter, but the bars are working well for us. they do not spin as nice as a needle bearing bar, but it has not affected my lifting at all (I am still putting up PR's!). the knurling has caused some of the women to say it is too aggressive and hurts their hands, but I love it, so I think it is a personal preference. The coating on the bar is great too, the thing is practically glued to your back during back squats. hope this helps, I am satisfied enough that I will probably be picking up a couple more packages within the next couple of months.

Scott Sedgwick
Old 08-14-2009, 09:16 AM   #5
Zach Yarges

Profile:

I bought a set of bumpers and a wright bar a little over a year ago. I am extremely abusive to my equipment besides the normal Crossfit WOD, I have left it out in the rain numerous times and I also live in Huntsville, Alabama were humidity is a constant factor. This bar has never spent in a day in a climate controlled environment since I have had it basically. So far the bar has held up perfectly and I have not noticed any difference since I first bought it. I plan on heading down to Birmingham again this September to buy another and some more bumpers. I hope this was helpful. Also the knurling is very grippy and will eat flesh if you are not careful, but just throw enough chalk on it to tame it down to your liking.

Last edited by Zach Yarges; 08-14-2009 at 09:19 AM..
Old 08-14-2009, 09:21 AM   #6
Jimmy Dunn

Profile:

What's the price for the package deal? I'm having trouble getting to the Wright web site. I don't live far from there and if the price is right I can pick up a set.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:33 AM   #7
Tim Taylor

Profile:

Thanks for all the insight! Sounds like I need to give Jason a call. There's only one problem, Wright's website is coming up w/ a page load error. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 08-14-2009, 08:28 PM   #8
Brent Bergoon

Profile:

Yep, same here... Website is down