CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 07-23-2009, 08:03 AM   #1
Joel Cox

Profile:
Need Reccomendations

I am looking for any insight about where I can go to get the majority of my equipment at the best prices. We are hoping to outfit our garage and as time progresses (and god willing) start a small box. I already built squat racks, dip station, pull up rigs and a plan on doing plyo boxes and a few other things that have been suggested elsewhere here. Right now we are looking to purchase rings, kb's, bumpers or rubber encased plates, mats, pull up bands, and some of the other things that I cant do myself...I was hoping that we could get most of our supplies from one vendor but we are definitely open to going multiple places...any suggestions??
Old 07-23-2009, 08:55 AM   #2
Jason Hughes

Profile:
Re: Need Reccomendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Cox View Post
I am looking for any insight about where I can go to get the majority of my equipment at the best prices. We are hoping to outfit our garage and as time progresses (and god willing) start a small box. I already built squat racks, dip station, pull up rigs and a plan on doing plyo boxes and a few other things that have been suggested elsewhere here. Right now we are looking to purchase rings, kb's, bumpers or rubber encased plates, mats, pull up bands, and some of the other things that I cant do myself...I was hoping that we could get most of our supplies from one vendor but we are definitely open to going multiple places...any suggestions??
Joel,

Again Faster is up your way and would have everything you need.

Hope that helps,

Jason Hughes
Wright Rubber
800-239-5194
Old 07-23-2009, 01:32 PM   #3
Shane Gibson

Profile:

Rogue Fitness is the way to go. They have just about everything, their pricing is very competitive and I cannot say enough about Bill at Rogue and their outstanding customer service. If I need it and Rogue sells it, that is where I buy it.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:09 PM   #4
Brian Ezell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Gibson View Post
Rogue Fitness is the way to go. They have just about everything, their pricing is very competitive and I cannot say enough about Bill at Rogue and their outstanding customer service. If I need it and Rogue sells it, that is where I buy it.
I completely agree. With the exception of my cage (which I already had) I have bought everything from Rogue, and have never had a problem.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:51 PM   #5
James lee

Profile:

I would just pick 1 vendor and stick with it. its not worth the hassle and the time to deal with multiple vendors especially when something goes wrong to save few bucks. I would also pick a vendor that can ship everything from their warehouse at once if possible. There's nothing worse than ordering everything you need at once but than they all come at different times because its being drop shipped by the manufacture and not the vendor/reseller you bought it from.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:36 AM   #6
Jeremy Raffer

Profile:

all great advice. But you can make your own rings for 5$. I did and they work fine. Search the forum for instructions.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:14 AM   #7
Jae Chung

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Raffer View Post
all great advice. But you can make your own rings for 5$. I did and they work fine. Search the forum for instructions.
I think this is fine for a personal garage gym... not so much for an affiliate. Be professional, get professional equipment IMO. Rogue rings will pretty much last a lifetime. If it lasts 20 years, that's like $4 per year.

And I have to echo everyone's praise for Rogue. I've only bought one thing. But, I had a minor problem with it, and it was instantly taken care of, as in, within 24 hours. Amazing customer support.