CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 08-04-2007, 08:23 PM   #1
Ryan Heck

Profile:
So I started the Zone with a week of Paleo eating, seemed to ease the Zone-Carb-Crash. I am attempting the Zone with a mostly Paleo focus. 5'9", 195lbs, 25%BF so I am using 17 Blocks. Trouble is I am full after three 4 block meals. So should I eat more just to eat more or will less blocks make for a faster slim down? Also should be noted my performance hasn't suffered with the current intake (I feel great).
Old 08-04-2007, 08:39 PM   #2
Patrick Donnelly

Profile:
Chew harder. :-)

You'll get used to the "large" amount. Cutting down the blocks below your requirement will give you trouble soon enough.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:24 AM   #3
Christine Reinhart

Profile:
Ryan, I have experienced the same thing. I started eating Zone July 17th, and have found that I'm not hungry between meals anymore. There are days when it's a struggle to eat all my blocks (particularly rest days), but it seems to me that the more experienced Zone people recommend keeping up your required blocks. I can't imagine eating 17 blocks! But it's all relative right...I'm 5'4", 111lbs, ~20%BF, and 11 blocks is tough for me! Like Patrick said, I guess we'll just have to 'chew harder'. :-)
Old 08-05-2007, 06:24 PM   #4
Richard Gonzalez

Profile:
Funny thing this came up. I just started Zoning my diet a few days ago. I am eating a 5-1-5-5-1. When I ate my first 5block meal, I was thinking "I am gonna be starving all day." Well, until I ate my second 5 block meal, i couldn't even stomach my third 5 block... then the last snack.

Old 08-05-2007, 07:20 PM   #5
Kevin McKay

Profile:
choose some of the carb blocks from a more dens source like fruit or yams if you want, but if you feel good I would not sweat it.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:11 PM   #6
Nikki Young

Profile:
I don't think feeling like your stuffing yourself is the best way to reduce body fat.. As important as it is to eat a lot of fruits and vegetables every day, as well as obtaining your correct calorie intake, eating cause you 'have to' and stretching your stomach can't be a good thing. I would say what Kevin said, and try to get your carbs from a higher GI source, meaning you'll end up eating less. That, or swap some carb blocks for fat blocks so your body is using fat as fuel (which your aiming at achieving anyway through zone), and having a few almonds, or an extra teaspoon of olive oil on your salad.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:49 AM   #7
Joe Wongananda

Profile:
I have had similar problems eating all my blocks for the day. This is usually at night.

I have been on the Zone for about 1.5 months, and I know which food blocks are "bulkier" to me. These are good if I am really hungry. Stuff like fresh green beans or collard greens help fill me up.

On the other hand if I am too full I go for a low bulk food. Milk is good for me when I "have to" squeeze in that last block.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:00 AM   #8
Jonas Cronfeld

Profile:
You could try "liquid food" which is often easier to get down. An example could be some skim milk or water blended with whey protein, spinach, apples, almonds and a little bit of Udos Choice or olive oil :happy:

One of the problems with eating way less calories, or so called blocks, than you should, is that sooner or later your metabolism will slow down so you'll have to eat more to get it going again, or eat even less than before to keep loosing fat.

I hope that this helped you and that you'll soon be lean and mean :showoff:

All the best,

Jonas