CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 06-06-2010, 07:38 PM   #4351
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:
Re: Seen at the globo yesterday

"I didn't know what to say"

I wou try something like

"**** you you ****ing **** for brain *** munching, model worshipping douchbag. If you would put down Shape long enough to a get ****ing opinion of your own, you might realize that, god forbid, I might actually want to be strong and fit and not look like a teen girl with an eating problem. Beside the only guys that will only date skinny chick are usually narcisstic *********s with little egos that have to date tiny salad eating chicks becuase it's the one time intheir life they feel like men.

Now, you can bugger off, I'm going to clean and squat"
Old 06-06-2010, 07:47 PM   #4352
Craig Rogers

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by C James Barton View Post
Not so much seen as heard at the gym, about six weeks ago...

I was in a hotel in DC, and had a limited choice of WODs I could do in the hotel gym. I opted for 4 RFT of (run 400m, 50 air squats).

I had the treadmill running up to 10 or 11 mph. The woman on the treadmill next to me asked, "Aren't you worried you might die going that fast?" Awesome!
Using some of the hotel treadmills I have seen I would be worried it would blow up and kill me at 10MPH. Grinding and creaking with the stretched out mat that has all the lumps in it. Scary things hotel treadmills.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:49 PM   #4353
Andrew Schechterly

Profile:

My legs are too long to go fast on treadmills.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:07 PM   #4354
Departed

Profile:  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie J. Skibicki View Post

I wou try something like

"**** you you ****ing **** for brain *** munching, model worshipping douchbag. If you would put down Shape long enough to a get ****ing opinion of your own, you might realize that, god forbid, I might actually want to be strong and fit and not look like a teen girl with an eating problem. Beside the only guys that will only date skinny chick are usually narcisstic *********s with little egos that have to date tiny salad eating chicks becuase it's the one time intheir life they feel like men.

I almost spit my water out laughing. You're right, that's exactly what I should have said. I think I may love you.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:34 PM   #4355
Jeremy Galo

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Cobb View Post
I almost spit my water out laughing. You're right, that's exactly what I should have said. I think I may love you.
Jamie... we got a winner here!
Old 06-06-2010, 11:32 PM   #4356
Laurion Burchall

Profile:

Speaking of hotel gyms:

On my one trip to India I stayed at a hotel which had a pretty standard gym room except the treadmill was on a UPS. I knew that Delhi had fairly frequent power outages but I spent several days wondering why, out of all the equipment in the room, they chose the treadmill to be on a UPS -- my thought process was mostly "who would want to exercise in the dark?". Then I considered the effect of a sudden power outage when someone is running at 10MPH on the treadmill.

Then I started wondering if they decided to put the treadmill on a UPS before or after someone experienced a power outage while running on the treadmill.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:44 AM   #4357
Suzanne Campbell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurion Burchall View Post
Speaking of hotel gyms:

On my one trip to India I stayed at a hotel which had a pretty standard gym room except the treadmill was on a UPS. I knew that Delhi had fairly frequent power outages but I spent several days wondering why, out of all the equipment in the room, they chose the treadmill to be on a UPS -- my thought process was mostly "who would want to exercise in the dark?". Then I considered the effect of a sudden power outage when someone is running at 10MPH on the treadmill.

Then I started wondering if they decided to put the treadmill on a UPS before or after someone experienced a power outage while running on the treadmill.

This happened to me while on vacation in Florida a couple of years ago. Power went out in the middle of a PR 5K treadmill run. Or at least it was going to be a PR No sudden stop, just kind of slowed to a halt. Still kind of surprising.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:34 AM   #4358
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:

Aww schucks, your welcome. I do what I can.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:04 AM   #4359
Angelina Kelly

Profile:

Quote:
This didn't actually occur AT the gym, but was said to me by a friend who's a certified fitness instructor and who I used to "work out" with.

"I heard that since you're no longer working out with me you're lifiting a lot heavier weights than you should be. I TOLD you, you need to do low weights and high reps. You're big and your arms are huge, you need to be breaking that sh!* down so your arms will get smaller. You're just going to make yourself even bigger doing what you're doing now." "Amy," she proceeded to say, "the rest of you isn't all that bad, but your arms are frightening. You need to take care of it. You shouldn't be lifting anything heavier than 10 lbs. max."

Umm... I didn't know what to say. Ouch.
Just ignore her! I was reading not too long ago that a 'celebrity' trainer said women should lift nothing heavier than 3 lbs. Uhh... yeah.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:02 AM   #4360
Jacob Israel Briskin

Profile:

Quote:
This didn't actually occur AT the gym, but was said to me by a friend who's a certified fitness instructor and who I used to "work out" with.

"I heard that since you're no longer working out with me you're lifiting a lot heavier weights than you should be. I TOLD you, you need to do low weights and high reps. You're big and your arms are huge, you need to be breaking that sh!* down so your arms will get smaller. You're just going to make yourself even bigger doing what you're doing now." "Amy," she proceeded to say, "the rest of you isn't all that bad, but your arms are frightening. You need to take care of it. You shouldn't be lifting anything heavier than 10 lbs. max."

Umm... I didn't know what to say. Ouch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie J. Skibicki View Post

I wou try something like

Hah. I really need to check this thread more often, because I swear when I read Amy's post the first response I thought of was "inb4 *****storm from Jamie". Sadly, I am now in after it.