CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 02-06-2010, 09:54 AM   #1
James Orr

Profile:
Wright HD bar vs. Pendlay HD bar

Hi everyone

This is my first post, but I've found a lot of valuable information searching old threads over the past few days. I noticed a lot of people saying that they ordered Wright bumper sets with a Pendlay bar. I didn't notice the Pendlay bar on the Wright Exercise Equipment website, but they do have the Wright HD bar. Are these bars the same? Or is there another vendor selling Wright bumpers and Pendlay bars?
Old 02-06-2010, 11:20 AM   #2
Michael Schmolt

Profile:
Re: Wright HD bar vs. Pendlay HD bar

Hey, I was thinking about purchasing the same thing. I will probably get the Pendlay bar from the Pendlay website . It's between either Wrights or a set of Kraiburgs for me. Either way, I'm getting my stuff from two different vendors.

The differences between the Wright bar and the Pendlay from what I can tell is the knurling. One's set up for powerlifts (Wright) and the other for olympic lifts (Pendlay). There may be some other differences, but I'm not smart enough to tell. Hope this helped some.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:42 PM   #3
Todd Condell

Profile:

Wright always used to sell Pendlay Bars in the past. I may be wrong but Jason from Wright Rubber will know (Jason please correct me if wrong) but I believe they still sell the Pendlay Bar under their name i.e. Wright HD bar. On the Wright Website their $599 Bar looks like it is still the former Pendlay elite bar. I believe that it is just like the York GHD that Wright now sells as a Wright GHD. I believe they have a licensing agreement to sell the bars under their brand name but they are manufactured and guaranteed just like the Pendlay Bars- HD and Elite. Jason or Glenn Pendlay may be able help clarify.
PS-I just want to say I have dealt with Jason and their customer service is awesome.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:47 PM   #4
James Orr

Profile:

Thanks for the response, Michael. I'm not sure I'm smart enough to tell the differences at ALL, haha, but in a year I don't want to find myself there and thinking, "I should've gotten that instead."

I like what I'm seeing at http://www.againfaster.com. I can get the Pendlay bar and Wright bumpers from them. Interestingly, that option is the most expensive between Pendlay bar and bumpers, Wright bar and bumpers, Pendlay bar and Wright bumpers. The only hangup for me at the moment is whether the Pendlay or Wright bumpers are "better," being a newb to this equipment and all.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:48 PM   #5
James Orr

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Condell View Post
PS-I just want to say I have dealt with Jason and their customer service is awesome.
Thanks, Todd. I was wondering if the bars might be the same. The comments I've seen about customer service from both of these vendors is REALLY encouraging as well.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:25 PM   #6
Jason Hughes

Profile:

James/Todd

The Wright HD Bar and the Pendlay HD bars are no longer made by the same manufacture. Since Pendlay was acquired by Muscledriver they sought out a different manufacture for their current bar line. Glenn and I did do business in the past, but have not since he merged with Muscledriver.

Also our GHD is not made by York.

I hope that helps, and if I can be of further assistance you can reach me at 800-239-5194 or jason@wrightrubber.com

In Good Health,
Jason Hughes
Old 02-08-2010, 07:26 PM   #7
James Orr

Profile:

Thanks, Jason! I sent you an email.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:30 PM   #8
Todd Condell

Profile:

Thanks Jason,
I was going more by your web pictures which look very similar and not product description. There is not a lot of info on your site about your bars (construction, knurl, and type of bearing or bushing,etc) or GHD so I went by sight and apologize to you, Glenn and York for the misinformation. It would be great to get some detailed info on your HD bar and your elite bar. Jason you could email me with some specifics on your bars that would be great and I won't make that mistake again. Thanks for your response and I appreciate your help.
Todd

Last edited by Todd Condell; 02-08-2010 at 08:33 PM..