CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 04-28-2007, 11:03 AM   #1
Mark Paige

Profile:
I just want to thank all those involved with the Crossfit community. I've been doing crossfit for while, but never seriously until about 4 months ago. I've had personal records in all the major lifts (DL 385, snatch 175, squat 325) but my biggest accomplishment came today in my Marine Corps PFT. I've always had the pullups and situps, but today I did them more effortless and with better form than ever before. However, I surpassed my previous PR by a full minute running the 3-miles in 17:48, and my most recent pft run of 19:02. Crossfit works, and due to this program and ideology of fitness I feel more capable and confident starting my career in the Marine Corps than I ever thought possible. I will be commissioned in 3 weeks and will do my best to help incorporate this training to whatever unit the Marines put me in. So again, many thanks to all. Semper Fidelis.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:40 AM   #2
Mike Breslin

Profile:
Congratulations sir, or soon to be sir. Were you just following the WOD, or supplementing with extra runs? I am currently using the Austere Program (training for Juniors 1st Increment) and adding runs. I haven't hit 18:00, but I have dropped six minutes in the last few months.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:52 PM   #3
Dale F. Saran

Profile:
Good job, there LT. Best of luck. Keep your head down at The Big Suck. It may be hard to keep on CF'ing there, unless things have changed radically. But this really is the best thing for your fitness.

S/F
Major Dale Saran
Old 05-14-2007, 10:49 AM   #4
John Maloney

Profile:
Mike,

Tell us how you trained to drop 6 minutes!