CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 04-18-2015, 05:31 AM   #1
BrandonSmith

Profile:
USAW or CrossFit Weightlifting Course

Hello everyone,

I've had my Level 1 and Mobility certs over a year now, I've been coaching off and on since then. I'm starting physical therapy school next month but am hoping to keep coaching part time and have signed up for my level 2 cert in June because I want to either own a box on the side or just tie CrossFit into my future physical therapy practice. My question is for those of you that have the USAW-Sports Peformace Coach cert and/or the CrossFit Weightlifting Cert, Which one do you think is better? They're around the same price, so want to make sure I pick the best one.

Thanks for reading and giving feedback
Old 04-18-2015, 07:37 AM   #2
Nathan Holmes

Profile:
Re: USAW or CrossFit Weightlifting Course

I took both courses, found them to be essentially the same. There's a slight difference in some of the terminology and the emphasis placed on each phase of the lift, but Coach Bergener used to teach the USAW course so it makes sense that they are basically the same. USAW is more recognized outside the CrossFit community, so it *might* help you a little more professionally but, honestly, your future clients aren't going to come back for repeat business because of a piece of paper on the wall. There are several threads about this already, I recommend you use the search function to look up what others have said.