CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 11-07-2014, 02:26 PM   #1
Steinar Ţór Ólafsson

Profile:
Justify the cost of Wodify

Hello guys!

I am interested in implementing Wodify at our facility. I have around 270 members and we have been growing pretty steadily for the past months. One of the things I feel I need improving for the business is the software / membership management.

As Wodify is coming hugely popular among Crossfit boxes (claim around 1700 affiliates of ~10.000 use their software) I have started looking into that. But the biggest concern for me is the cost.

As I have over 200 members I would be paying the 350$ a month or 4200$ a year. That is almost enough to pay the rent for one month a year (and our rent is high) which is in our business plan a big sum of money.

Is it really worth it?
Old 11-08-2014, 02:27 PM   #2
Jan Dahlberg

Profile:
Re: Justify the cost of Wodify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steinar Ţór Ólafsson View Post
Hello guys!

I am interested in implementing Wodify at our facility. I have around 270 members and we have been growing pretty steadily for the past months. One of the things I feel I need improving for the business is the software / membership management.

As Wodify is coming hugely popular among Crossfit boxes (claim around 1700 affiliates of ~10.000 use their software) I have started looking into that. But the biggest concern for me is the cost.

As I have over 200 members I would be paying the 350$ a month or 4200$ a year. That is almost enough to pay the rent for one month a year (and our rent is high) which is in our business plan a big sum of money.

Is it really worth it?
I would say, that depends really? Is it only the management system you are looking for? Cause then it is a bit pricy.
Old 11-10-2014, 10:03 AM   #3
Andy Lai

Profile:

On the community building side it's amazing. It gives the members quick access to all their past performances and access to the whiteboard for that days wod. We switched over a few months ago and love it. We are still learning a lot about it. The integration with facebook and wordpress is great too.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:26 PM   #4
Bryan Hood

Profile:

I think it's cool and cutting edge stuff but I've used RxGymSoftware for almost 4 years now. I pay $15/month and it does almost the same thing as Wodify. The only thing Wodify does that mine doesn't is Point of Sale stuff. That'd be nice to have. But I, personally, can't justify the switch.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:43 AM   #5
Scott Simmonds

Profile:

My box has just implemented Wodify (Where I workout - I'm not an owner). From a user/member perspective it is being well received and looked on as a positive. I see it as a chance to build our community deeper - moving commentary and relationships past the members who regularly work out together.
Old 11-28-2014, 11:54 AM   #6
Scott Simmonds

Profile:

Update, I'm watching the interactions taking place in the new Wodify system in my box. Members comment, cajole, tweek, and congratulate each other within the system. This is going to strengthen our community.