CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 07-17-2014, 07:37 AM   #11
Snir Golan

Profile:
Re: Other Crossfit Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Jones View Post
I used to post a lot more often, but it seems like the past few months there were quite a few new users trolling and ended up taking a lot of our good forum dudes down with them. So some of the fun banter is gone and people are a little more hesitant to make certain jokes or push boundaries, but there are still some guys here that have great info and advice to share. I still check here every night when i get to work and enjoy most of the convo on the bigger threads, i just dont post as much as i used to because, honestly, i like to joke around a lot and dont want to get slapped with a warning or ban.
i am in the same boat. i am used to forum that are a lot more relaxed about joking around and posting different things so i am always walking on egg shells around here.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:13 PM   #12
Clint Harris

Profile:

Maybe everyone drank too much Gatorade and died ? Or, we're the only one's with keyboards made by a certain company.

Currently Active Users: 644 (15 members and 629 guests)
Most users ever online was 2,059, 01-15-2014 at 09:41 PM.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:23 PM   #13
Glenn Pasewicz

Profile:

For a while, though, it seemed like many questions were answered with, "Use the search function," which is an attitude that turns people away.

There's no point to having a discussion forum if the answer is, ultimately, to use Google.

Whatever. I stayed away for a long time because of the lull.

Has the site really stopped registering new users?
Old 07-17-2014, 12:28 PM   #14
Mike Doehla

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Pasewicz View Post
For a while, though, it seemed like many questions were answered with, "Use the search function," which is an attitude that turns people away.

There's no point to having a discussion forum if the answer is, ultimately, to use Google.

I always hated that response
Old 07-17-2014, 01:41 PM   #15
Alexander Granick

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Sirakos View Post
Well considering no one else can join I would say that ratio isn't going to get much better
Why are they even maintaining it if no new people can use it? Also, if they're not letting new people join, are they going to kill it. If so then it's probably the case that only affiliates could make more forums because you can't just create a domain name with "CrossFit" in it without getting permission or sued.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:06 PM   #16
John A Crane

Profile:

I think part of the issue is there are so many other places to get information on Crossfit and Fitness. For me I use YouTube a lot and go to Channels like Barbell Shrugged for information on movements and I watch there weekly podcast to get good fitness banter. I guess its not exactly the same as posting on a forum.I know car forums are very active because they are hobbies and people are always doing projects and posting questions and getting people opinions on what to do or not to do. If you look at the starting out section on this forum that seems to be active but the other sections seem to go days/hours with out any posts.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:32 PM   #17
Snir Golan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John A Crane View Post
I think part of the issue is there are so many other places to get information on Crossfit and Fitness. For me I use YouTube a lot and go to Channels like Barbell Shrugged for information on movements and I watch there weekly podcast to get good fitness banter. I guess its not exactly the same as posting on a forum.I know car forums are very active because they are hobbies and people are always doing projects and posting questions and getting people opinions on what to do or not to do. If you look at the starting out section on this forum that seems to be active but the other sections seem to go days/hours with out any posts.
for me, the main purpose of a forum is first and foremost community. yes, i go to forums to find information but the best information comes via back and forth communication and open discussion. sure, youtube videos are awesome but what about something like the digital coaching here where a member can post a video and get feedback? what about organizing community events?
Old 07-17-2014, 06:01 PM   #18
Luke Sirakos

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Pasewicz View Post

Log out and click the register link. Says it has been disabled by admin.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:27 PM   #19
Clint Harris

Profile:

That's so lame. (or are we for still being here).

Site rules:

"3. The goals of this discussion board are to expand our understanding and knowledge of fitness and physical training, and to encourage each other in our pursuit of our personal fitness, particularly in regards to the CrossFit program. If these are not your goals, you may find another discussion site more suitable."

Is this what happens when the above is no longer the goals of the discussion board itself ?
Old 07-18-2014, 04:25 AM   #20
Darryl Shaw

Profile:

I'm probably in the minority for thinking this, but this seems like a smart move on the part of HQ. It just makes good business sense for them to keep the main page, CF's shop window, and shut down the forum. I mean, they might have needed it in the past when they relied on the community and word of mouth to expand the business, but the brand is so well established now that maintaining the forum is probably more trouble than it's worth.