CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 12-14-2011, 08:55 PM   #1
Colin McLafferty

Profile:
FringeSport Review

Hey all,

I'm a firm believer in giving credit where credit is due, so that's the main reason I am writing this review. Alex Keller, the sales guy over there, is phenomenal. There were a few hiccups with my order, but his accessibility and easy attitude made up for the mistakes.

THE GOOD:
-Called Fringesport about my order and got a person. There was no waiting message, no hold, nothing except Alex saying hi. Definitely refreshing.

-Had a few problems with my order and Alex fixed the issues right away after I brought his attention to it.

-Alex called on his way home from work to help me better understand the product.

-Alex shipped me a return voucher before he had received my return since I had gone through a few hoops with my order.

-Because of the problems with my order, Alex was flexible and made sure I got what I wanted. We spoke through email and phone and he was always prompt and flexible.

THE BAD:
The bad is centered around their warehouse in New Jersey. Maybe it will be better by the time I finish writing the review, but maybe not. Warehouse staff does change and after these problems Im sure Fringe will address the issues.

-Ordered a pair of bumpers and got a single bumper

-Told Alex, got a second bumper shipped to me, but its color did not match the other bumper. Not a big deal, but I sent them both back because they were two different diameters. The yellow bumper (25#) is larger than the black one. I don't believe this is written on the website though I could be wrong. Also, that may not be on the website since black and colored are sold separately. However, the black bumpers are smaller than standard diameter iron 45# plates. If you plan on using those, go with colored 25#s. They're bigger than iron 45s.

-One more bad-received my new bumpers very quickly (good!) but also received a pair of dumbbels that I didn't order. Again, not a big deal or hassle for me. But it does show that the warehouse is a bit kooky right now. It could be the Christmas volume or it could just be a bad worker in the warehouse, who knows.

All in all, I had a good experience. I would buy from Fringe again, chiefly because of Alex and Fringe's willingness to stand behind their products and pay for shipping should something be unsatisfactory...those two things at Fringe really can't be beat.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:46 PM   #2
Michael A. Jones

Profile:
Re: FringeSport Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McLafferty View Post
Hey all,

I'm a firm believer in giving credit where credit is due, so that's the main reason I am writing this review. Alex Keller, the sales guy over there, is phenomenal. There were a few hiccups with my order, but his accessibility and easy attitude made up for the mistakes.

THE GOOD:
-Called Fringesport about my order and got a person. There was no waiting message, no hold, nothing except Alex saying hi. Definitely refreshing.

-Had a few problems with my order and Alex fixed the issues right away after I brought his attention to it.

-Alex called on his way home from work to help me better understand the product.

-Alex shipped me a return voucher before he had received my return since I had gone through a few hoops with my order.

-Because of the problems with my order, Alex was flexible and made sure I got what I wanted. We spoke through email and phone and he was always prompt and flexible.

THE BAD:
The bad is centered around their warehouse in New Jersey. Maybe it will be better by the time I finish writing the review, but maybe not. Warehouse staff does change and after these problems Im sure Fringe will address the issues.

-Ordered a pair of bumpers and got a single bumper

-Told Alex, got a second bumper shipped to me, but its color did not match the other bumper. Not a big deal, but I sent them both back because they were two different diameters. The yellow bumper (25#) is larger than the black one. I don't believe this is written on the website though I could be wrong. Also, that may not be on the website since black and colored are sold separately. However, the black bumpers are smaller than standard diameter iron 45# plates. If you plan on using those, go with colored 25#s. They're bigger than iron 45s.

-One more bad-received my new bumpers very quickly (good!) but also received a pair of dumbbels that I didn't order. Again, not a big deal or hassle for me. But it does show that the warehouse is a bit kooky right now. It could be the Christmas volume or it could just be a bad worker in the warehouse, who knows.

All in all, I had a good experience. I would buy from Fringe again, chiefly because of Alex and Fringe's willingness to stand behind their products and pay for shipping should something be unsatisfactory...those two things at Fringe really can't be beat.
I've ordered from Fringe and got excellent service. I'm not sure about the warehouse but the quality and service was great. Alex and his brother Peter are awesome.

As you stated, it could be the holidays wrecking havoc. I am biased because they are only an hours drive from me. I'm sure that Alex and the Fringe staff will look into the warehouse drama and fix it.

And, you are correct in saying that they are unmatched in quality and guarantee (standing behind their products).
Old 12-15-2011, 12:18 AM   #3
Alex Keller

Profile:

Colin,

Thank you for the praise, but thank you especially for the notes on improvement. We of course knew it was a less than optimal experience for you and we were doing everything we could to rectify things, but it just seems like everything that could go wrong, did. And it is great to get your honest and complete feedback on the whole experience. Yes it is the holidays and volume is higher, but that is no excuse.

It is most certainly a priority for us to work out the kinks in our shipping department. I can promise you that we will work diligently to improve our operations and we will continue to stand behind everything we sell and everything we do. We are a young company, so I can guarantee you that in as short a time as a few months, our methods will be vastly different - for the better. Typical customers won't notice it, except for receiving faster shipping times and even less hiccups like these, but we will constantly strive to provide the best customer experience possible.

I hope that you decide to give us another chance to win your business again soon.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:03 PM   #4
Colin McLafferty

Profile:

Alex, thanks for your help throughout the whole thing. I look forward to checking out your company the next time I'm thinking of making a CF purchase.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:15 PM   #5
Brian Michaelson

Profile:

Used their rings for the first time today!! Awesome feel and perfect sizing!!! However, they are a little slick at first. What's the best recommendation for them not being so slippery?
Old 12-20-2011, 06:41 AM   #6
Alex Keller

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Michaelson View Post
Used their rings for the first time today!! Awesome feel and perfect sizing!!! However, they are a little slick at first. What's the best recommendation for them not being so slippery?
Brian,

Rub them down to remove any sawdust. After that, just use them a little and they'll wear in nicely. Enjoy!
Old 12-20-2011, 10:29 AM   #7
Brian Michaelson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Keller View Post
Brian,

Rub them down to remove any sawdust. After that, just use them a little and they'll wear in nicely. Enjoy!
Awesome! Thanks
Old 12-20-2011, 09:05 PM   #8
Anson Castelvecchi

Profile:
Exclamation Re: FringeSport Review

Fringe Sport is a great company, I own some of their products- awesome customer service and unbeatable products/prices. I can't recommend them enough.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:31 PM   #9
Colin McLafferty

Profile:

Yep, just like I said before they stand behind their products and are very accommodating. Alex comped me a product because of all the trouble I went through. If your order does face problems, Alex will work with you to help.