CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 08-19-2011, 10:03 AM   #1
Ben Liniger

Profile:
New Equipment from Fringesport!

I've been working with Alex and Peter over at Fringesport the past couple weeks to help outfit my garage gym. Top notch service and pricing - personal service and very accommodating.

I ordered a Pendlay HD bar, powermax speed rope, and pound of chalk. Then this week I drove down from DFW to their office in Austin, TX. I was able to look over their inventory and try out equipment before purchase. I picked up 460lbs of black Troy VTX bumpers and 2 kettlebells. Prices were great and went with VTX for the dead bounce, narrow plates (45 is under 3"), and heavy duty steel inserts.

I'll post some pics soon and give a review of the bumpers. Again, if you are considering troy or muscledriver products, do yourself a favor and call or email Alex at Fringesport.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:33 PM   #2
Anson Castelvecchi

Profile:
Thumbs up Re: New Equipment from Fringesport!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Liniger View Post
I've been working with Alex and Peter over at Fringesport the past couple weeks to help outfit my garage gym. Top notch service and pricing - personal service and very accommodating.

I ordered a Pendlay HD bar, powermax speed rope, and pound of chalk. Then this week I drove down from DFW to their office in Austin, TX. I was able to look over their inventory and try out equipment before purchase. I picked up 460lbs of black Troy VTX bumpers and 2 kettlebells. Prices were great and went with VTX for the dead bounce, narrow plates (45 is under 3"), and heavy duty steel inserts.

I'll post some pics soon and give a review of the bumpers. Again, if you are considering troy or muscledriver products, do yourself a favor and call or email Alex at Fringesport.
I've had a great experience with FringeSport as well. Just got the wooden rings and love them. I'm planning on writing a review of the rings soon. Their prices are unbeatable!
Old 08-19-2011, 07:48 PM   #3
Ben Liniger

Profile:
Re: New Equipment from Fringesport!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anson Castelvecchi View Post
I've had a great experience with FringeSport as well. Just got the wooden rings and love them. I'm planning on writing a review of the rings soon. Their prices are unbeatable!
The rings looked awesome. If I didn't already have the Rogue Wood Rings, I would have picked up a set. Glad you had a good experience too, good guys that stand behind what they sell like no other company.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:47 PM   #4
Anson Castelvecchi

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Liniger View Post
The rings looked awesome. If I didn't already have the Rogue Wood Rings, I would have picked up a set. Glad you had a good experience too, good guys that stand behind what they sell like no other company.
Wooden rings are the way to go. I never knew what I was missing until now. I don't even want to touch my plastic rings now!
Old 08-21-2011, 10:32 AM   #5
Aaron Cawley

Profile:

i am very pleased with the equipment that i got from them.did you see my boxes while you were there ben? they are planing to offer them for sale on their site as well.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:57 PM   #6
Daniel Frankel

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anson Castelvecchi View Post
Wooden rings are the way to go. I never knew what I was missing until now. I don't even want to touch my plastic rings now!
Is it really that much of a difference? I got plastic rings (not the super thin ones that some places sell, but more of a proper size (never measured them though)), and just taped them. Grip is perfect. never needed chalk. Is wood better?
Old 08-21-2011, 08:05 PM   #7
Anson Castelvecchi

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Frankel View Post
Is it really that much of a difference? I got plastic rings (not the super thin ones that some places sell, but more of a proper size (never measured them though)), and just taped them. Grip is perfect. never needed chalk. Is wood better?
Yes, I've also used plastic rings with tape. It's a big difference. I guess there's a reason why gymnasts use real wood rings. And they are only $69 shipped.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:02 PM   #8
Ben Liniger

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Cawley View Post
i am very pleased with the equipment that i got from them.did you see my boxes while you were there ben? they are planing to offer them for sale on their site as well.
Yes Aaron, I noticed your boxes...they looked very nice and well constructed.

While selling some random equipment on Craigslist over the last 2 weeks, I've ran into 2 guys that bought boxes from you (each met you in Waco). They both said the boxes are solid and that they really like them.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:27 PM   #9
Alex Keller

Profile:

Hey guys, glad you liked what we have to offer, regarding both equipment and service. It's nice to get confirmation we are doing some things right! We will continue developing quality equipment that we can confidently stand behind with a great return policy and bring that all to you at great prices.

-Alex
Founder, FringeSport