CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:01 PM   #1
Vincent Kampf

Profile:
Crossfit Athlete Survives! Thank you Crossfit!

Hello Everybody, I am new to Crossfit, my name is Vincent Kampf, I started Crossfit 3 months ago and the experience has been truly amazing. It has truly changed my life mentally and physically. The purpose of this message is to thank Crossfit and the crossfit community for putting together workouts that get people into premier condition; which can truly save somebody's life.

Back in December I was introduced to James MacWhinnie, a Crossfit Athlete and trainer in Southampton NY. After starting Crosffit in Milford CT I wanted someone who I could train with when I went home to see family and friends on Long Island. Tragically, just days after meeting Jimmie news broke that he was severely injured in an accident at his home. While carrying an oil tank to his basement the stairs collapsed trapping him and causing severe internal injuries which placed him in life threatening condition. Now alittle over a month later Jimmie is making an amazing recovery. The doctors are basing this miraculous recovery on his superior physical condition. The strength of his heart and ability of liver to regenerate, which has a great deal to do with his Crossfit Training. At the time of the accident Jimmie did not have health insurance and is faced with a very hefty medical bill burden. To make a long story short I have attached a link to Jimmie's Story.

I personally want to thank everyone that is involved in Crossfit(from myself but more importantly Jimmie's family and friends), from the founders, to the owners of facilities, to the coaches, to every athlete that walks through the doors motivating other members and making training a community. Each of you truly affect and change peoples lives every day; whether you know it or not. Even in the most extreme cases, such as this. I am truly a crossfitter for life, working hard and getting better everyday. But the ability to effect someones life as this story needs to be recignized.

Thank you again everyone involved for everything you do!

http://jamesmacwhinniefund.com/ Please indicate if your links are work and family safe (WFS)

Regards,

Vincent Kampf
Old 01-19-2010, 07:52 PM   #2
Vincent Kampf

Profile:
Re: Crossfit Athlete Survives! Thank you Crossfit!

The link is a safe site and family freindly!