CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 11-19-2009, 02:52 PM   #21
Sheldon Danley

Profile:
Re: SS results

Andrew,

One, great gains. Two, where are you going to school? I live right down the road in Newtown Square. If you decide to stick with SS and ever wanna get together let me know. I rock out in a shed in my back yard but I got all the tools necessary. I just started my 2nd bout with SS a few weeks ago and I'm planning to shatter all previous 5 RM's. I graduated from PSU at the end of 2006 and while I lived with a bunch of party animals, they were also a bunch of meatheads and loved to eat and lift. If you can convert any of your roommates it will go a long way in helping your efforts. I still only get 7 hours of sleep a night on average and am progressing fairly well. As for GOMAD...I usually buy 2 gallons on the weekend for at home and stop at Wawa every morning on the way to the office and pick up a half gallon. That puts me at about 3/4 GOMAD for around 16-17 dollars a week. Don't know how that fits in with your budget.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:09 PM   #22
Andrew Talecki

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon Danley View Post
Andrew,

One, great gains. Two, where are you going to school? I live right down the road in Newtown Square. If you decide to stick with SS and ever wanna get together let me know. I rock out in a shed in my back yard but I got all the tools necessary. I just started my 2nd bout with SS a few weeks ago and I'm planning to shatter all previous 5 RM's. I graduated from PSU at the end of 2006 and while I lived with a bunch of party animals, they were also a bunch of meatheads and loved to eat and lift. If you can convert any of your roommates it will go a long way in helping your efforts. I still only get 7 hours of sleep a night on average and am progressing fairly well. As for GOMAD...I usually buy 2 gallons on the weekend for at home and stop at Wawa every morning on the way to the office and pick up a half gallon. That puts me at about 3/4 GOMAD for around 16-17 dollars a week. Don't know how that fits in with your budget.
I go to the University of Scranton. Luckily I have a 7 week Christmas break coming up, and that's when I'm going to start up SS again. My roommates will never try SS. I've received countless speeches about the horrors of whole milk from each of them. I'll definitely have to check out your shed as I'm going to be a man without a gym when I first get back home.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:01 PM   #23
Sheldon Danley

Profile:

7 Weeks? That's pretty awesome. Well, I have really cheap (free) membership fees at the Shed...haha. Having a partner to lift some heavy weights with would be awesome. Send me a PM or something when you come back to town and we'll get together.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:45 PM   #24
Joe Bernard

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Talecki View Post
I go to the University of Scranton. Luckily I have a 7 week Christmas break coming up, and that's when I'm going to start up SS again. My roommates will never try SS. I've received countless speeches about the horrors of whole milk from each of them. I'll definitely have to check out your shed as I'm going to be a man without a gym when I first get back home.
Please tell me you don't have both a fall and thanksgiving break too, that is a long time off!
Old 11-20-2009, 09:11 AM   #25
Andrew Talecki

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bernard View Post
Please tell me you don't have both a fall and thanksgiving break too, that is a long time off!
We get off 2 days for fall and 3 days for Thanksgiving. The school offers the option of taking a class in January, but I don't think I'm going to. We also take finals right before Memorial Day.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:17 AM   #26
Joe Bernard

Profile:

Quote:
We get off 2 days for fall and 3 days for Thanksgiving. The school offers the option of taking a class in January, but I don't think I'm going to. We also take finals right before Memorial Day.
I get 5 for fall but thanksgiving is the same. At least I end earlier than you (May 7th or 8th), but that's still nuts. You're going to make alot of progress then since sleep will not be an issue.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:52 AM   #27
Beau Bryant

Profile:

Quote:
185 before and 192 after. I didn't notice any fat really coming on.

The sleep may be contributing but I am of the opinion you are not eating enough. Depending on your height/training history you should have gained more than that in 5 weeks. 7 pounds in 2 weeks would tell me you are eating enough.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:24 AM   #28
Stephen Yosypiw

Profile:

Good work, mate!
Keep it up if you can.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:53 AM   #29
Troy Becker

Profile:

I recommend you change roommates.