CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 02-02-2011, 07:19 AM   #731
Amber Mathwig

Profile:
Re: No Grains/No Sugars Support Group!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionel Garcia View Post
Why doesn't anyone post on this anymore?
2010 was the worst year EVER + deployment.

I had my first migraine in over a year last week. I couldn't figure out what it was at first. Around day 3, I realized it was all the PB&J's I had been eating in an attempt to not be STARVING all the dang time. Cut those back out of my diet and am feeling better.

The ship food overall hasn't been bad (5 months and still going strong on deployment here).....just too much fried and breaded somedays and I am so tired of the only decent veggie on the salad bar being cucumbers. I do the best I can, LOTS of hardboiled eggs whenever I manage to get breakfast. Last night was very tasty pork chops and turkey loins (I love that the cranks will give me whatever I ask for), which I put stewed spinach and shredded cheese on top of it. It was good, but something made my mouth itch - I'm guessing the flour the cheese is rolled in.

so, anyways, i haven't been grain and sugar free, but I'm trying to stick as close as possible with the options I have onboard. I eat through care packages so quickly, momma always sends me something good and healthy.....lol.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:40 AM   #732
Pat Quigley

Profile:

2010 was good for me. Held reduced wt for most of the year. Got sick after the holidays and have been on a slide since. I tossed in steel cut oatmeal. Not really sure if this will be problematic long term. But the deserts have got to go. gained something like 4 lbs over the past month. One thing I notice. I do sleep better when I have more carbs with the evening meal.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:01 AM   #733
Jason Halm

Profile:

It's that goddamn chocolate milk. I need to start cooking instead of reaching for a glass.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:47 AM   #734
Lionel Garcia

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Mathwig View Post
2010 was the worst year EVER + deployment.
I'm deployed too. I always heard that ship food was the best though. I hear you on having a limited supply of good veggies. I'm tired of bell peppers and raw broccoli. They have some good melodies of steamed veggies but I have to eat a lot to get what I need from them. I hear you on the care packages though. I always give most of it away but I do keep a few of the items from it and i'll have a bite each day as a reward for not eating the spaghetti or fried foods I want so bad.

I'm glad my necro post brought this thread back to life...
Old 02-02-2011, 12:48 PM   #735
Arturo Garcia

Profile:

I wanted to get a bit bigger so eating no grains/sugars while strength training got too tough, I wasn't gaining weight. I almost feel guilty the way I've been eating for the past two months.

Can't wait to get back on Paleo.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:02 PM   #736
Ted Apollo

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturo Garcia View Post
I wanted to get a bit bigger so eating no grains/sugars while strength training got too tough, I wasn't gaining weight. I almost feel guilty the way I've been eating for the past two months.

Can't wait to get back on Paleo.

i did the same thing a few years ago. i got so into strength training & was making such great gains with GOMAD that i ended up putting 40 of the 50 lbs. i lost doing CF & CFE with almost 100% paleo diet in the previous months. although a good portion of the weight i put on was lean muscle mass. i kept telling myself i was going to cut the extra calories & get back to strict paleo, but the strength gains became addictive.

i'm doing fairly decent right now. about 85%-90% paleo. i allow little cheats here & there when i am out socializing. like pizza in little italy or potatoes with a brunch omelet, etc....

i'm glad this thread is back. i wouldn't mind seeing another 21 day 'no sugar/ no grains' challenge thread again.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:54 PM   #737
Kayla Barth

Profile:

I'll bite. It is hard being a Drill SGT and trying to eat paleo. I try and make do with what I've got but the chow hall is really pushing the "whole grain" thingy. For the next 30 days and/or longer I am going to cut the pop and switch to coffee and stop the nicotine. I know some day will be harder then others but I will make it....who's with me?!?!?
Old 02-02-2011, 04:22 PM   #738
Lenora Galitz-Pfeffer

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayla Barth View Post
I'll bite. It is hard being a Drill SGT and trying to eat paleo. I try and make do with what I've got but the chow hall is really pushing the "whole grain" thingy. For the next 30 days and/or longer I am going to cut the pop and switch to coffee and stop the nicotine. I know some day will be harder then others but I will make it....who's with me?!?!?
You rock! That's hard core! I've been doing Paleo since October. There have been a few times, I've slipped on the Cola cheat. As for nicotine - please keep posting! This should be it's own "I'm off pop and nicotine" thread!
Old 02-03-2011, 12:43 PM   #739
Lionel Garcia

Profile:

I'm with you!

I haven't had soda or a flavored drink in 2 weeks!

I add lemon to my water and that's it.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:22 PM   #740
Lionel Garcia

Profile:

I ate a bite size Mr. Goodbar a few hours before bed... I couldn't make it today.