CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 03-03-2008, 08:21 PM   #1
William Hasty

Profile:
Bill's CF Log-o-Fun

I'm glad to be a part of the crossfit community. I've always thought of myself as very in-shape, until now! Looks like I've a ways to go to re-align that notion. I'm 28, 6'5, 222, and I started the other night with Angie in 36:03.

Today I spent time with Linda, and it kicked my butt. I like to think of myself as a decent deadlifter, but the thought of 55 reps with 335 was a short lived fantasy. I knocked it down to two plates for my first go round. I also used dumbbells for the bench, the largest of which were 90's. I'm a pretty weak bencher, so it worked out anyway. I had no problem with the cleans at 165. I finished in a cool 55:20. I was disappointed after reading everyone else's times, but I feel good anyway. I look forward to tomorrow's routine.

Last edited by William Hasty : 03-03-2008 at 08:26 PM.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:31 PM   #2
William Hasty

Profile:
Re: Bill's CF Log-o-Fun

I've done a lot of the workouts, but I'm keeping the times so I can compare myself later.

Barbara: 40:21

Holy cow I felt tired of doing pullups!
Old 05-11-2008, 01:32 PM   #3
William Hasty

Profile:

Overhead Squat 3-3-3-3-3-3-3 reps

After the third set, my balance was shaky. By the 6th and 7th sets though, I felt pretty solid and likely could have put the weight back up. I buried all of them, and elicited some odd stares. What, haven't you ever seen an overhead squat?
Old 05-11-2008, 02:45 PM   #4
Stephen Smith

Profile:

I'll be doing overhead squats in my globo gym for the first time, this evening... I get enough looks when I do deadlifts, thrusters or cleans, I can't wait for this one!
Old 05-12-2008, 12:36 PM   #5
William Hasty

Profile:

120 Pullups/120 Dips

56:31

That time may seem slow, but it was a good workout for me. It's weird, I actually think of myself as a pretty in shape guy. I can run a mile in under 6 minutes. I am 6'5, weigh 225, and have done a 445 belt only to the ankles back squat. I can do 16 or 17 dead hang pullups when fresh. I ran the Chicago marathon in 3:57.

But I think I may be lacking in endurance in some other way. After the first few sets, my muscles feel so fatigued, and I am only able to knock out 5 at a time. I stuck to dead hangs for most of them, telling myself that the harder I make it on myself, the better it'll be in the long run.

The dips weren't too bad. But for someone who prides himself on pullup strength for a big guy, I felt woefully lacking. In all honesty, after seeing some videos of people doing 100 pullups in 3 minutes and change, it makes me wonder what I am doing wrong.

Following the WOD, I ran for 20 minutes outside. My mood is good still. Have any of you folks had similar feelings?
Old 05-15-2008, 08:36 PM   #6
William Hasty

Profile:

The lesson learned here is best learned from a Sun-Tzu quote.

"The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory."

Deadlift 7 singles

315, 365, 405f, 405f, 385, 385f, 385

I was mentally defeated before my 3rd attempt. I was frustrated since I've done 480 in a PL competition not long ago. My goal now is to get 405 again. Oh how far we sometimes fall!

After this, I did today's WOD. I was pretty happy with 12 sets of 5 pullups, 10 pushups, and 15 squats in 20 minutes. I was working on the 13th set, but didn't quite get it done. I came home and made a nice shake, and am now about to enjoy a shower.
Old 05-24-2008, 08:11 AM   #7
William Hasty

Profile:

Five rounds for time of:
2 pood Kettlebell swings, 25 reps
25 GHD Sit-ups
25 Back Extensions
25 Knees to Elbows

I subbed a 70lb dumbbell for the kettlebell. It was a butt-kicker.

25:38
Old 05-25-2008, 12:09 PM   #8
Ryan Harth

Profile:  
Talking Re: Bill's CF Log-o-Fun

SHizzle dizzle to my OG!!!!!

How absolutely ironic that I log in to xfit and, low and behold, the post above mine is none other than..you. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Dude you just unknowingly made my day. Seriously. I ran a mission through one of the most ****ed up parts of Baghdad today, with a squad from another platoon and one team from mine, to pick up an HVT that my other squad captured. So we get there, after a cluster **** of affairs and guess what? The LTC, same one who said this HVT HAS to go to the DCELL on the other side of the country, decides no I think we will keep him here. So I just ran 15 soldiers through one of the most dangerous places on earth for your dumbass for nothing?! And i still have to go back! Well for whatever reason (I have far to many angels on my shoulders) we made it back without incident. Yes that is the grand times I am having here in the ******* of the earth. Fortunately the ****heads have decided to stop mortaring us for the past 10 days or so after the cease fire. We had 170 mortar attacks in 2 months by the way. Tends to get on your nerves a bit. Let me just say this...this country is the ****ing twilight zone. I never thought I would find garrison filled with EFP's.

Anyhow HOW THE HELL ARE YOU my nija door kicking favorite Trooper!!!!?

I spent the better part of this deployment doing serious body building. I got up to around 230 and fairly lean. Then I decided I was going to go to selection. So i started to cut and do a little crossfit. Then one of my Sgt's says he is gonna do xfit fulltime. Im like well hell Ill do it with you. So we have a little competition going on. I am hanging fairly well as the military in shapedness has helped. I also having been doing fairly hardcore cardio and folowing HIT (High Intensity Training) so high reps are norm.

Do not sweat the weights dude. Seriously. Your pull will come back quick. Just gotta realign those neuromuscular pathways.

My philosophy on this stuff is if you dont feel like you are gonna puke and pass out then you are going to slow.

I hope life is treating you well brother. Stay safe and write in my log.

Post your email and I will send you some pics. Oh I got something for ya...

At the outset of every stop, every confrontation, every
call where you anticipate violence, pause for a microsecond to
ask for strength, ferocity, accuracy, kindness, empathy, and
wisdom.

Oh and I am getting out of this catastrophe called the Army. I am applying to a few things including North Las Vegas. They have got a good package. Yes I will probably apply to ISP as a back up just in case, but I dont really want to live in IL. Ill try to call ya.

WORD.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:36 AM   #9
Ryan Harth

Profile:  

Hey bro I just tried to send a long email with pics and the internet went out. This place is just great let me tell ya.

Nothing to worry about brother you protect the streets everyday. You need to read "On Combat" by LTC (ret) Grossman. Excellent book that puts it into perspective.

I will be home late Sept. We deffinately need to get together. Not to sure on what I am gonna do. Working to get to selection early, but its proving difficult. May just end up goin gwith plan B. ISP is on the list of possibles.

I will write you and email and send some pics.

ryanharth@gmail.com
also ryanharth@yahoo.com for chat if ya got it.

(this guy is my new hero)
Old 05-29-2008, 05:46 PM   #10
William Hasty

Profile:

Overhead Press

5 sets of 3

155 (failed on 3rd)

I focused on staying strict with these and not getting any assistance from my legs. I finished up with some knees to elbows. It's high time for experimentation in the kitchen.

Ryan, I've read On Killing by Col Grossman, and found it excellent.