CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Administrative Area > Technical Support
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Technical Support Questions on using the board software, etc.

Old 08-31-2007, 05:35 AM   #1
Rod Gates

Profile:
"New Posts" Issue

Hello! Ever since the update, all posts on the site continue to be marked as new posts with the green plus sign. I did not have this problem before the update. As a virtual computer illiterate, I am wondering if there are common filters, settings, etc. that I might be using that are causing this? Any thoughts? Thanks,

Rod
Old 08-31-2007, 04:32 PM   #2
David Wood

Profile:

Re: "New Posts" Issue

Rod: I'm probably just as much a computer idiot as you are, but my guess is that you have disabled all cookies . . . and the vBulletin software needs to place a cookie to know that you are "you" when you return (so that it can figure out which threads have new activity since you last visited).

You may have to check your settings and allow this site to put cookies on your computer.

Or, alternatively, I could be totally full of it with no clue whatsoever . . .
Old 08-31-2007, 05:13 PM   #3
Lynne Pitts

Profile:

Dave has it...far as I know, the only reason your post status wouldn't update is if you don't allow cookies, since vBulletin needs to set the cookie to track your status.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:34 PM   #4
Jay Cohen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Gates View Post
Hello! Ever since the update, all posts on the site continue to be marked as new posts with the green plus sign. I did not have this problem before the update. As a virtual computer illiterate, I am wondering if there are common filters, settings, etc. that I might be using that are causing this? Any thoughts? Thanks,

Rod
Rod;
Paleo computers don't accept cookies, suggest you switch to one of the new Zone computers.
Jay
Old 09-01-2007, 03:33 PM   #5
Rod Gates

Profile:

Thanks for the replies. I checked, and my computer is set to allow cookies. There is one listed for board.crossfit.com, so I don't know what the problem is. As I mentioned, I had no issues before the update. Is there anything else that I would have to "allow" or add to my settings that might have changed simply due to the update?

Rod
Old 09-01-2007, 07:18 PM   #6
Rod Gates

Profile:

Update. I found a cookie cleaner that needed to be updated, even though it didn't appear to be running. Thanks again for putting me on the right track!

Rod