CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Administrative Area > Technical Support
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Technical Support Questions on using the board software, etc.

Old 08-20-2007, 10:15 PM   #1
Rick Ihrie

Profile:
Group WO Log Help Please

I was hoping you could offer some tech. suggestions on the way to set up a group WO log. I have about 20 individuals on the same team who we'd like to track together for their WO's. I'd seen Honolulu Fire Department's log as an example of what we'd like to do, but I'm unsure of how to accomplish that format.
Any advice is is appreciated!
Best Regards,
Rick Ihrie
Woodinville Fire Department
Washington
Old 08-21-2007, 05:03 AM   #2
David Wood

Profile:

Re: Group WO Log Help Please

HI Rick:

Well, the simplest (naive) thing to do is to just start a thread in the "Workout Logs" section called "Woodinville Fire Department" and have everyone post away. That's pretty much all that the Honolulu guys are doing.

A slightly more complicated alternative would be to create a thread (a log) for each person, but start each one off with "Woodinville Fire Department", as in:

"Woodinville FD - Rick"
"Woodinville FD - Susan"
"Woodinville FD - Paul"
etc.

This would let each person have their own (which, I guess, they're entitled to just as members (each person would have to have their own CrossFit login, though)), but still let you find them all with a search on "Woodinville FD".

The only downside to this is that if a bunch of folks posted separately each day, the Woodinville Fire Department would end up appearing to dominate the "Today's posts" listing. Obviously, this wouldn't be any more so than if you posted workout logs under each name (it's a "problem" (if it's a problem at all) of appearance rather than reality)).

Other than that, I'm still working on learning all the features of the new software. There may be some "group" functionality that can be exploited to organize this (e.g., collecting all the Woodinville FD folks into a vBulletin group that would allow organization of your respective logs). You might hold off for a day or three while I look into it, or Ron (who knows this stuff far better than me) may be able to add his thoughts.