CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 12-29-2006, 10:04 AM   #11
Peter Queen

Profile:
Peter,
no you get ridiculed for spending so much time online!

:lol:
Old 12-29-2006, 11:44 AM   #12
Michael Manseau

Profile:
Peter:
Lucky for you I couldn't find the proper etiquette on serving zone snacks :icon_smile_joke:
And to think I thought Pierre lived on the board; no wonder he answers my emails & posts so quickly
Eugene:
I'm with the group, your a storehouse of knowledge. Thanks for sharing it
Old 12-29-2006, 12:01 PM   #13
Peter Queen

Profile:
Lucky for you I couldn't find the proper etiquette on serving zone snacks.

Michael, you can always have a protein drink in a wine glass, just remember to keep your pinky up and don't slurp.:harhar00:
Old 12-29-2006, 01:35 PM   #14
Michael Manseau

Profile:
Peter:
I'm not the pinky raised type of guy but thanks for the tip :bolt:
Old 12-29-2006, 04:30 PM   #15
Jan Szyndler

Profile:
Thank you.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:31 PM   #16
Glenn Pendlay

Profile:
Eugene,

Your an cool dude. Looks like that was fun to build.

I am trying to get together a line of implements like that, farmers walk handles, 2" handle dumbells, and 2" diameter 7' bar, and some other grip training and "strongman" type stuff, but I dont think I am having near as much fun as you have had.

You ought to give me a call sometime (940 224 9841) if you ever get tired of multi-tasking. I think you like equipment and fiddling around with it ALMOST as much as I do!!! It would be fun to talk to you.

I do have a question for you and the rest of the board... what would y'all think of a farmers walk implement with INTERCHANGABLE handles???? So that you could easily switch from say a 1 inch handle to a 1.5 inch to a 2 inch... personally I have a special love for training the hands and forearms, so I am always looking at things and thinking, how can I make this harder on my hands?

Now Eugene, dont take my idea and go out and build it cheap from home depot, or ill never make my house payments!

Glenn
Old 12-29-2006, 10:34 PM   #17
Pierre Auge

Profile:
LOL

Glenn,
from a guy with weak hands and a strong emphasis on training them yes, I think thats a cool idea. Though I can't speak for him I'm sure Eugene would agree.

Thick handled dumbbells would be great, I also think that rotating dumbell handles would be cool as well. For those of us that do the dumbbell variations of the lifts.

I was also thinking that since the sleeves on your bars are so simple to remove I imagined that you could use a "sleeve over the bar" design. Eh...Eh.... Otherwise yeah large diameter bars are the !
Old 12-30-2006, 04:18 PM   #18
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:
Glenn - I think it would be awkward to change the handle itself unless you have a variety of handles you can drop into the risers that come up from the T connectors...or whatever set up you make with your implement. With mine I could have different sized top pieces set up to drop down into the coupler. A faster method would be to create a way to simply put fatter handles over the base handle. The best would be to have handle halves that would surround the base handle and secure to themselves somehow as this would keep the feel of the implement the same all the time. Another way would be to have a variety of handle sizes and types with some sort of hook set up so you could change handles very, very quickly to allow your grip no rest. You could make book shaped handles for a pinch grip, hub shaped handles, an upward/downward tapering handle and Eagle Grip straps.

I have some furniture to stain, a cedar board floor to put into the furniture, 4 drawer pulls to apply and a pair of clothes hampers to make out of PVC pipe and corner pieces. The furniture is a foot-of-the-bed top opening pine box that matches our other pine log cabin looking stuff. It is a laundry hamper with 4 fake drawer fronts. Inside will go the laundry hampers I make out of the PVC pipe and for which my wife will make some sort of net thing for. I put the Christmas stuff away up in the rafters, had a Super Squat workout with Stuart and Alyse and ran 3 miles with Stuart, cut up the big square Costco pizza into 4 smaller squares so the kids can have pizza for dinner tonight, made homework for Zach to do, put up a set of pipe pieces on the gym to hold all the bar collars and in a little while Dayna will be here to work out. Better get to the furniture.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:37 AM   #19
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:
Glenn - I've got it. The front vertical piece is fixed...wait, this might be a propritary thing that is of value to you. Corporate espionage, patent infringement, intellectual property theft. Perhaps a phone call on a super secret, encrypted, stealth phone line is in order. This will revolutionize the industry...or at least make for a clever handle. I'll give you a phone call Glenn.
Old 12-31-2006, 03:52 PM   #20
Glenn Pendlay

Profile:
Eugene,

thanks for the phone call. I now know what my next project will be. You have a lot of good ideas.

Glenn