CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 04-25-2014, 07:18 AM   #1
Pedro Farah

Profile:
Spun Compression

Hello,

I've heard great things about Spun Apparel on the forum, and would like to buy a few pieces of compression wear from them. However, I've been having a bit of a hard time deciding my size. I'm sorry if this is a stupid thing to ask advice for, but I live in Brazil and would have it brought over by a friend, so exchanging anything would be a very slow and hasseling process.

Could other owners of Spun compression pants, shorts, and long-sleeve shirts help me with the size they wear in relation to their dimensions, and what they'd reccomend?

On the website chart I fall inbetween S and M. My dimensions are 6ft1, 160lbs, 31inch waist.

Should I go snugger (I like a good amount of compression), or will the mediums be snug enough? Does the stretching feel like it can cover a wide range, as I progress on mass gains?

Again, sorry for so many questions, but it really would take quite a while for me to make any exchanges...

Thanks
Old 04-25-2014, 08:12 AM   #2
Greg Light

Profile:
Re: Spun Compression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Farah View Post
Hello,

I've heard great things about Spun Apparel on the forum, and would like to buy a few pieces of compression wear from them. However, I've been having a bit of a hard time deciding my size. I'm sorry if this is a stupid thing to ask advice for, but I live in Brazil and would have it brought over by a friend, so exchanging anything would be a very slow and hasseling process.

Could other owners of Spun compression pants, shorts, and long-sleeve shirts help me with the size they wear in relation to their dimensions, and what they'd reccomend?

On the website chart I fall inbetween S and M. My dimensions are 6ft1, 160lbs, 31inch waist.

Should I go snugger (I like a good amount of compression), or will the mediums be snug enough? Does the stretching feel like it can cover a wide range, as I progress on mass gains?

Again, sorry for so many questions, but it really would take quite a while for me to make any exchanges...

Thanks
Hi Pedro,

Thank you for your post. My thoughts are that a medium would be sufficient for pants especially if you plan on possibly gaining mass over time. That being said, a small would likely work for everything else.

We are always in the process of revising our size charts based on feedback from customers and the more feedback I hear, the more inclined I am to adjust our size charts upwards (recommend a larger size), especially for pants.

If anyone else can make a recommendation based on their experiences please post as everyone is built differently and I love to hear how something fits or doesn't fit.

Keep in mind that if you do buy something and it doesn't fit we will always swap sizes for you, but as you said it could be somewhat of a hassle with the international shipping.

If you have any other questions you can email us at any time at sales@spunperformance.com

Thanks,

Greg
Old 04-25-2014, 08:52 AM   #3
Andrew Bell

Profile:

Can't go wrong with Spun!! I have some socks from them, they are fantastic. I still think they need to make Men's 3/4 tights though. That way I can be like my hero Klokov and lift in only those without having to buy Nike. lol
Old 04-25-2014, 09:16 AM   #4
Tim Squires

Profile:

I bought my tights maybe a year and a half to two years ago and went with medium. I found them to be a little to big so sent them back and got smalls. They fit we'll. I'm around 5'8, 165. I also have a pair of the socks which I like.

The one (semi) gripe I had with the tights was the mesh/vent area above the butt. I tend to only wear tights when I workout and can't really wear these as my *** is out for everyone to see. Looking over the website briefly it looks as if the tights have been updated and there's no longer this see through area? Greg is that correct?
Old 04-25-2014, 09:46 AM   #5
Pedro Farah

Profile:

Greg, thanks again for your assistance. I sent you an e-mail about this before through the website, but I wasn't as thorough as in this post. As always your customer service is impecable and your advice is very good.

Tim, did you feel your medium pants were mostly long on the ankles and such, or was the compression a bit looser all around as well?

Thanks for the feedback so far, It would be great to hear more!
Old 04-25-2014, 10:10 AM   #6
Greg Light

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Squires View Post
I bought my tights maybe a year and a half to two years ago and went with medium. I found them to be a little to big so sent them back and got smalls. They fit we'll. I'm around 5'8, 165. I also have a pair of the socks which I like.

The one (semi) gripe I had with the tights was the mesh/vent area above the butt. I tend to only wear tights when I workout and can't really wear these as my *** is out for everyone to see. Looking over the website briefly it looks as if the tights have been updated and there's no longer this see through area? Greg is that correct?
Hi Tim - indeed, we have done away with the vent due to complaints exactly like yours.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:24 AM   #7
Tim Squires

Profile:

Nice. If that's the case I may need to look into ordering another pair.

Pedro I actually may have reversed the sizes. Let me check at lunch what size I have now.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:19 PM   #8
Douglas Menikheim

Profile:

I go with Andrew and second the 3/4 leggings. Greg what's the deal, are you guys ever going to have them?
Old 04-25-2014, 07:02 PM   #9
Andrew Daggon

Profile:

I'd buy a pair of the 3/4 pants too just because I like all my spun pairs so much.

I went a size up on Greg's recommendation because I was also between sizes, and I'm glad I did, they fit great.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:10 AM   #10
Tim Squires

Profile:

Went back and checked. I actually went from a small to a medium. Mediums for very well.