CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 02-24-2014, 07:39 AM   #1
David Osorio

Profile:
Programming at CrossFit Affiliates

Hi all,

I've got a new post up on Inside the Affiliate about how we program 8 week training cycles at CrossFit South Brooklyn. In it I talk about how and why we program at our affiliate this way and why it leverages our ability to teach movement, especially with our newest or less athletic members. I also talk about how we run our scheduled "Rest Days" and the benefits of having a planned out program versus "winging it" day by day.

Effective Programming Strategies for CrossFit Affiliates (WFS)

Finally, if you guys like what we're doing, please consider Inside the Affiliate in Breaking Muscle's Top 10 Fitness Blogs of 2014 competition (WFS)

Please let me know what you think
Old 03-01-2014, 05:36 AM   #2
Richard Deyan

Profile:
Re: Programming at CrossFit Affiliates

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Osorio View Post
Hi all,

I've got a new post up on Inside the Affiliate about how we program 8 week training cycles at CrossFit South Brooklyn. In it I talk about how and why we program at our affiliate this way and why it leverages our ability to teach movement, especially with our newest or less athletic members. I also talk about how we run our scheduled "Rest Days" and the benefits of having a planned out program versus "winging it" day by day.

Effective Programming Strategies for CrossFit Affiliates (WFS)

Finally, if you guys like what we're doing, please consider Inside the Affiliate in Breaking Muscle's Top 10 Fitness Blogs of 2014 competition (WFS)

Please let me know what you think
I thought you did a great job of keeping it concise yet effective. This topic could be written for days. I completely agree with your opinion on the "winging it" programming. I think it's a serious issue that most affiliates are doing. Limiting or focusing on a certain movement pool for a while for novice and intermediate athletes is a great idea, especially when trying to quantitatively measure progress. Yes most of them will progress almost regardless of what you throw at them, but it doesn't mean we should just be programming by the seat of our pants. I've been to South Brooklyn a few times, and based on my experiences of Affiliates in the area, yours is definitely one I have better things to say about.