CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 08-03-2010, 02:01 PM   #21
Rachel Baratz

Profile:
Re: CFCC BCCC Tony Kas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Kasandrinos View Post
one rule on my BLOG:stir:.....no correcting my spelling or grammar.....I know I know it sucks, deal with it.

...learning new ways to kill people.
Since you've spent time learning the above, I will abide by your rule
Old 08-03-2010, 03:12 PM   #22
Meghan Reid

Profile:
Re: Cfcc Bccc 2010

Just to clarify, I am really excited about this challenge. You all know me well enough to know that I'm quite sarcastic about EVERYTHING, but I will do my best to B+ throughout all this
Old 08-03-2010, 06:30 PM   #23
Kristin D'Aco

Profile:

Hi everyone

So I'm pretty new to CFCC, though I think I know or have met most people who are doing this challenge. I came to CF because I knew that I would never be able to push myself as hard as I would need to to achieve the level of fitness and health I've always desired. Before any of you knew me (when I lived in CT) I had actually worked really, really hard with an intense workout schedule and a strict diet to lose about 25 lbs on my own. But coming to Philly a year ago, and starting a really stressful job, I lost the motivation to do it solo and ended up gaining more than half of that weight back, but worse, losing my fitness level and just feeling all around terrible.

I can't really begin to tell you how wonderful it feels to be getting back in the saddle, and with such a wonderful, encouraging, inspiring group of people. Being with you guys 5 days a week has helped pull me out of a pretty nasty funk, and as clumsy as I am (Erin, Liz and just about anyone else who sees me regularly can vouch for this) I've definitely already started seeing some physical (and mental) improvements. That being said, I am SO excited for this BCCC challenge, because I know what these kind of dietary changes can do and I can't wait to see and feel the results of this endeavor.

Sorry for the monologue, but I just wanted to share where I was coming from, and why I am so excited about this whole experience. So here's where I'm starting from:
Height: 5'3"
Estimated body fat: 30%
LBM: 115 lbs
Waist: 29"
Can't remember the arm measurements

Goals for the next 4 weeks:
Lose 10-15 lbs
Bring body fat% closer to 25%
Improve my endurance for long metcons, especially when running is involved
Drop a band-width with pull-ups
I plan on continuing to come to CF 5 days a week, add in one olly lifting/week, and try gymnastics as well

To keep my diet on track I use both fitday (I'm very familiar with this program because I've used it on and off for the last 1.5 years - let me know if you'd like any info or helpful hints) and I use a Salter electronic food scale. The scale is very sensitive and will measure things as small as 1g. For me, it takes the guessing out of estimating food weights/volumes, and makes me feel more confident that I'm sticking to the amounts of what I'm supposed to be eating. I don't bring it with me if I go out to eat, but I weight everything I eat or make at home.

Here is the link to my fitday for today (thanks Tony for teaching me how to share my entries!):
http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...wner=juniperkd

I'm happy with all the numbers except for my carbs - I didn't realize it would be so hard to eat 120g of carbs! I'm so used to trying to restrict my carbs from past diet experiences, so at the end of the day I was under my goal. I'm going to increase the amount of fruit I eat tomorrow morning and add in a baked sweet potato tomorrow night.

Good luck everyone, and thanks for your inspiration!
Old 08-03-2010, 06:34 PM   #24
Anthony Kasandrinos

Profile:

Ok, here are my stats for Tuesday August 3rd

My log is at this link below from fitday.com (wfs).......if this link is not allowing anyone to view please let me know....this should make it easier that writing everything out since it is already logged and has the calories, protein,carbs and fats broken down nice and neat.

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...=kasandrinosag (WFS)

My total numbers for the day

Calories 2,027
Carbs 170G (Dead on)
Pro 156G (+11)
Fat 81G (+6)

I went over 11G on the protein and 6 grams on the fat, I think I had a little too much steak for dinner:stir:, but I feel like my numbers are pretty dead on since I use my little scale to weight my meats and fruits and veggies. Only tweek I think I would have made was a protein snack of some sort inbetween lunch and dinner.....dinner was late tonight because of OLY class...........

Last edited by Anthony Kasandrinos : 08-03-2010 at 06:39 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:50 PM   #25
Reid Hurley

Profile:

8/3/10

This is link to my fitday account.

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/FoodLo...ate=1280793600. (SFW)

Totals

Calories - 1576
Protein - 199.9g
Carbs - 29.7 g
Fat - 68.1 g

I really undershot on the carbs (roughly 120g under). Not sure what the negative consequences of that are.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:10 PM   #26
Anthony Kasandrinos

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reid Hurley View Post
8/3/10

This is link to my fitday account.

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/FoodLo...ate=1280793600. (SFW)

Totals

Calories - 1576
Protein - 199.9g
Carbs - 29.7 g
Fat - 68.1 g

I really undershot on the carbs (roughly 120g under). Not sure what the negative consequences of that are.

I think Greg said the Brain uses like 120G in order to properly function ehhh what the hell, you don't really need to use it doing pull ups
Old 08-03-2010, 07:14 PM   #27
Rachel Baratz

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Kasandrinos View Post
I think Greg said the Brain uses like 120G in order to properly function ehhh what the hell, you don't really need to use it doing pull ups
HAHAHAHA....
Old 08-03-2010, 07:19 PM   #28
Arrus Farmer

Profile:

And so it begins:
I'm 72" and 257 pounds of man. 18.5" biceps relaxed and 19.5" when the pressure's on. 41.5" at the naval at an approximate 22% BF. Diet is standard but I'm going a little heavier on the protein due to existing muscle mass. My goal is to lean below 15% BF.

I'll be a regular fixture at CFCC for these coming thirty days, hoping to minimize rest days by using only the good stuff for fuel and getting plenty of sleep.

Here's day one's dietary adventure.
Cals - 2496
Fat - 84 g
Cholesterol - 555 mg
Sodium - 2389 mg
Carbs - 215 g - need correction
Sugars - 41 g
Fiber - 38 g
Protein - 239 g

Here's the food I ate:
Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/myplate/#ixzz0vbCyYF1t
Old 08-03-2010, 07:48 PM   #29
Samantha Aurelio

Profile:

Food todayy.

*I did not buy whey yet (so no pre/post wo meal). It's not in my budget until Friday, which is fine.

Morning: 3 eggs, spinach, 1 tspn coconut oil, 1c blueberries

Afternoon: ~3 oz ground turkey, 1 tbspn olive oil, spaghetti squash, lots o' asparagus

Evening: ~5 oz chicken, spinach, 3 oz sweet potato

Cal: 1,130
Fat: 62.7g (10.7g over)
Carbs: 50.4 (70g UNDER, blarg!)
Pro: 92.5g (10g under)

http://fitday.com/fitness/FoodLog.ht...ate=1280793600.

Need to work on those carbs. Went to Reading Terminal today to spend almost nothing on practically everything. This place will help my pocket in the next 4 weeks for SURE.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:00 PM   #30
Kristin D'Aco

Profile:

Sammy and Reid - when I click on your diet links, it takes me to my own fitday page. I had someone else try this too, just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, and the same thing happened to him. I think that the only way to post YOUR page for the day is to follow the directions Tony gave me for making your page public (and then just posting the link to that). Here are the instructions he gave me for how to do this:

Go to your main page and on the middle left part of the page you should see "share my journal"
click : View My Public Settings
Click on Publicly Viewable on all the questions and then hit change public settings........It should give you your link

Hope that helps!