CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 06-22-2010, 06:00 PM   #1
Michael Zoda

Profile:
Zoda's log!

To start things off I haven't had much luck with the crossfit program to date. Not progress wise but injury wise. I started crossfit in Janurary. 1 month in, I developed a tendonitis in my right shoulder, or biceps long head. This tendonopathy ended up going on for about 4 months. Last month in May it seemed like I had gotten over it, things were great for 3 weeks, but in the beginning of June i was back to where i started with my shoulder. I am now just coming over it again but taking things very slowly. I just started incorporating compound lifts again and im going to see how it goes.

Keep in mind my lifts with the deadlift and squat are pretty good because throughout the course of my tendonopathy i DID squat and i DID deadlift. here are my starting stats:

Age - 19
BW - 160lbs
BF% - 12%
Deadlift - 315x5
Squat - 265x5

The rest of my stats are unknown to me because i haven't tested them in so long. Benchmark times as well as bench/press numbers are unknown.

Programming:
I will be doing CFSB style programming with the bench press added. I will also be doing gymnastic "skill work." Gymnastics is something that really interests me and i would love to persue. I ended up grabbing "Building the Gymnastic Body" and i will be following the protocol in this book to developing static strength in certain positions. I will go through the progressions outlined in the book starting with the L-Sit and progressing from there. I will NOT be adding gymnastic work for another 1-4 weeks due to fear of reinjuring my shoulder.

Sunday: off
Monday: Heavy Back Squat---Metcon
Tuesday: Heavy Deadlift---High rep deadlift---Metcon
Wednesday: Off
Thursday: Heavy Bench---High rep Bench---Metcon
Friday: Heavy Front Squat---High rep back squat---Metcon
Saturday: Heavy Press---High rep press---Metcon

Nutrition:
Meats,fruits,veggies,nuts,seeds,oils,some startch, no sugar.. simple enough?

I will also try to post my daily food intake on this long if i can, it will motivate me to keep my diet clean.

Goals:
Primarily strength and increased metcon ability.
Specific goals:
405 deadlift
315 squat
225 bench
185 press
Develop L-Sit for 15 seconds
Develop Front Lever for 15 seconds
Lean out to 10% BF (not really necessary but would be nice =D)

Im excited to start including gymnastics and am completely open minded to switching from barbell to bodyweight training completely which i feel is possible in the near future. But well see how this goes!

I like to aim high with the goals.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:02 PM   #2
Michael Zoda

Profile:
Re: Zoda's log!

Tuesday 6/22/10

Deadlift:

295x5
305x5
315x5

210x20

Metcon:

15-12-9:
One armed squat snatch - 50lbs DB
Pushups

7:02

Still taking it easy on the shoulder. 15-12-9 is an easy scheme for pushups and for the one armed snatches i only used my good arm.

By the end of the workout though i was still gassed. Hell i felt like i got hit by a truck after the deadlifts. Im also thinking its about time for me to get a belt.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:02 PM   #3
Michael Zoda

Profile:

thursday june 24th
Bench
135x5
145x5
155x5

95x5

bench felt good. shoulder didn't bother me at all. the sets were easy too

wod
6 rounds
100m sprint at 100%
90 second rest

the wod was tough. last night i cheated on my diet and it was hot as anything. overall the springs were sluggish. but i gunned it every rep. was a lil dizzy post workout. could hve been the heat though
Old 06-25-2010, 08:33 PM   #4
Michael Zoda

Profile:

front squat

175x5
185x5
195x5

first time doing front squats. found they put a lot of pressure on my shoulder

back squat:

190x20

wod

21-15-9
burpees
two foot box jumps
weighted situps

10:56

very bad time. coming off a cheat day though
Old 06-26-2010, 10:21 PM   #5
Michael Zoda

Profile:

Press:

95x5
105x5
115x5

65x20

Wod:

15-12-9

Handstand Pushups
DB swings - 60lbs
V-Ups

6:48

Not too bad of a time. Trying to get the groove going again. The past two days were horrible diet wise. Was originally going to do pullups instead of v-ups but for some reason i felt a slight tingle in my shoulder while kipping so i called those off. Iced it a lot today. Tomorrow is a rest day and well see how it is on monday. Im looking forward to trying fran and helen again =D
Old 06-28-2010, 07:28 AM   #6
Michael Zoda

Profile:

Monday June 28th 2010

Back Squat:

235x5
255x5
275x4

Dropped the weight on the safety bars for the last rep. I used 20lb increments instead of 10 because I just wasn't feeling it this morning. Probably why I dropped the weight. Didn't get much sleep last night plus I dont usually workout in the morning. For those that don't know i wake up late =p

Next week im switching to 3x3

WOD:

15 minute Cindy

10 rounds 5 pullups and 3 pushups

Overall it felt good to finally attack cindy again. The pushups were the hardest part. My shoulders are not as strong as they were obviously due to my time off. Although I BLEW through the squats. Surprisingly pull ups weren't that bad.

20 minutes of ice then off to the beach for the day!
Old 06-29-2010, 11:22 AM   #7
Michael Zoda

Profile:

June 29th 2010

Deadlift:

I switched to sets of 3 today. Last week i got 315x5 but it was KILLER. i could barely do the wod after it.

305x3
315x3
325x1

I dont know if it was sleep or what but after that first rep of my last set that weight wasn't going anywhere. Even for that one rep i noticed some form starting to break. *shrug* this is my first stall since 265 deadlift =D so ill get it next week. Maybe ill try 20lb increments inbetween sets.

210x20

My 20 rep set went fine.

Wod:

10 DB swings - 65lbs
Run 60m
10 burpees
Run 60m back
10 Weighted situps - 35lbs

8:10

Killer WOD had fun doing it and i was completely gassed afterwards.

I plan on tackling fran later this week and adding gymnastic skillwork next week!
Old 07-01-2010, 08:53 AM   #8
Michael Zoda

Profile:

regarding the last post the wod was performed with 3 rounds

Thursday July 1st 2010

Bench

140x5
150x5
160x5

100x20

again fairly easy. no struggle. shoulder is recovering well.

wod

ran outside for 12 min
20seconds sprint 90%---- 20 seconds walk----- 40 second jog 25%

the sprints were exhausting but it was a great workout. really focused on the sprint interval and pushing myself in between 90% and 100%.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:49 PM   #9
Michael Zoda

Profile:

checking into my log. at 1:40 in the morning. my diet went to **** today. just like it did 2 other days this week. My nutrition has just been crap lately. Too many trips to the beach/boardwalk and too many nights going out with the guys and giving in to wings and pizza. My nutrition was ON POINT before the summer started. ever since it went to the pooper. =( cheat days are becoming too often...

So im taking this opportunity to change that. Right now im done, no more cheat days, straight nutrition, i need to improve. Plus i am developing the post cheat meal blues and decided to come on here to cry about it.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:52 PM   #10
Michael Zoda

Profile:

Friday July 2nd 2010

Front Squat

185x5
195x5
205x5

Back Squat

195x20

The squats went really really well.

WOD:

15-12-9
Deadlift - 185lbs
Burpee Pullups

9:42

VERY killer wod. Slow time. most likely due to the recent amount of cheat days. Although my diet has been ON POINT all day today and tonight im going out to a show and im gonna keep it together=D