CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Health and Medical Issues
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Health and Medical Issues For other than injuries

Old 12-13-2009, 10:28 AM   #1
John Klessinger

Profile:
head ache while working out

Today is the third day since Tuesday that while in the beginning of the workout I get a pounding headache in the side of my head. I pushed through each time and it subsided a bit after the initial throbbing and goes away shortly after the workout ends. Today though it came again somewhat subsided and has continued for 2 hours. I am beginning to get worried that this is somewhat bigger than just a headache. Meaning, something potentially serious. I have in the past gotten tension headaches but usuaully not too bad.

I would love some insight.

Thanks!
Old 12-20-2009, 07:33 PM   #2
Spence Hart

Profile:
Re: head ache while working out

I been down this road, for 8 months I could not do pullups or dips without nasty headache pains that would put me on the floor. I did the normal doctor thing, MRI, neurologist with nothing found. At a recommendation of a few crossfitters/chiropractors I went to see one, after initial consultation and xrays it showed that I had 2 lower something or others stuck in my lower back and also in my shoulder area, and I had no curvature in my neck, it was straight(due to working on cars for a living), posture was horrible etc. 6 weeks of 3 days a week of adjustments and now down to once a month I have been headache free for 6 months. I can Kip and Dip like no tomorrow. I used to eat Motrin like candy, now I have not had any kinda of IBU or aspirin since that 6 weeks was over...

Go the Doctor route first, then I highly suggest a good chiropractor.