CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 06-20-2009, 03:27 PM   #21
John Casey

Profile:
Re: Going on 1 month. W/ pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren C Ellison View Post
Wish I could grow a sweater. Oh well, like Dad says, "You can't grow hair on steel."

This is what one of my friends keeps telling me. He says if he had the sweater like I do, he'd never wear a shirt.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:47 AM   #22
Tamara Cohen

Profile:

Congrats, Matthew! And, my husband rocks the sweater, so you're fine either way.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:38 PM   #23
Robb Gunn

Profile:

Man those results are awesome! You said that your diet is Paleo, but what are your #'s like, or are you even counting protein, carbs, fat. I am interested to hear. What ever you are doing is working great for you, congrats and keep up the hardwork.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:11 AM   #24
Matthew Campato

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb Gunn View Post
Man those results are awesome! You said that your diet is Paleo, but what are your #'s like, or are you even counting protein, carbs, fat. I am interested to hear. What ever you are doing is working great for you, congrats and keep up the hardwork.
Hey Robb. I was doing Paleo when I first started CrossFit. About a month in I went strict zone at 18 blocks with Paleo foods. About a month later I went 1/2 Carb 2X fat with paleo foods and thats what I'm still doing now. I pretty much eat a consistent diet for lunch and dinner which includes a lot of different kinds of meats with some red meat and then salads broccoli and strawberry and fuji apples. Breakfast is usually 4 eggs with a piece of fruit and either almonds or all natural peanut butter(Laura Scudders is my saving grace here.) Now what I'm doing as well is moving half of the daily carb allotment on a day when I do a WOD to post workout and this is usually when I eat a majority of my fruit. If I have a PWO carb load then I don't eat fat at that meal and move it later on when I'm missing those carbs. I usually do the 3-on-1 off training thing or the 3-on-1-off-2-on-1-off. Depends on my weekly schedule.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:18 AM   #25
Chris Santilllo

Profile:

Matt CONGRATS MAN!! Where is simi in there an affilate. Would LOVE to get my dad in one and get his out of shape *** in gear. And have some pride with the sweater. I trim...but I mean I have to show my Sicilian pride!! lol
Old 06-24-2009, 12:08 PM   #26
Matthew Campato

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Santilllo View Post
Matt CONGRATS MAN!! Where is simi in there an affilate. Would LOVE to get my dad in one and get his out of shape *** in gear. And have some pride with the sweater. I trim...but I mean I have to show my Sicilian pride!! lol
Ha ha ha ha for sure. I know what you mean. I'm just gonna keep it trimmed now. Being Sicilian and southern Italian I can't do much to stop the growth. Oh well. The CrossFit affiliate is in Simi. Their website is www.crossfitsimi.com(wfs) Some really amazing people that go there and the owners, Andy and Cathy Rios are awesome. They really coach and teach and have helped me so much. Check it out and I promise you'll love it.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:50 PM   #27
Chris Santilllo

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Campato View Post
Ha ha ha ha for sure. I know what you mean. I'm just gonna keep it trimmed now. Being Sicilian and southern Italian I can't do much to stop the growth. Oh well. The CrossFit affiliate is in Simi. Their website is www.crossfitsimi.com(wfs) Some really amazing people that go there and the owners, Andy and Cathy Rios are awesome. They really coach and teach and have helped me so much. Check it out and I promise you'll love it.
Sounds like an awesome affiliate! I go to teamcrossfit in the valley. But my parents live in woodranch and I would love to try to get them to go to ur affiliate!
Old 06-24-2009, 02:58 PM   #28
Matthew Campato

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Santilllo View Post
Sounds like an awesome affiliate! I go to teamcrossfit in the valley. But my parents live in woodranch and I would love to try to get them to go to ur affiliate!
That would be awesome. If you wanna drop in with them for their first WOD I'm sure they will feel comfortable with everyone enough to want to come by themselves. We have quite a few people who come that are older....and when I saw older remember I'm just a young pup at 22. ha ha ha ha ha
Old 07-30-2009, 03:53 PM   #29
Rafael Nepomuceno

Profile:

tnx for sharing, when i feel tired and sore at work and need a boost, threads like this serves as my double shot espresso before i hit the gym at 6pm afterwork..if u dont mind, can u pls share your typical diet plan, like wat u had for b.fast, lunch, dinner plus snacks..tnx....im local also and live here in the san fernando valley