CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Old 02-02-2009, 09:41 PM   #1
Kevin Scott

Profile:
New Crossfit Fury BJJ Program

Crossfit Fury in Goodyear, Arizona will be holding BJJ classes starting this week. We will hold a Wednesday class at 7pm as a trial. Then we will be moving to Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday schedule at 7pm. I Hope to see some of you come try it it.

Kevin Scott
Royce Gracie BJJ Purple Belt
600 N Bullard Ave Building A Suite 5, Goodyear AZ 85338
Old 05-14-2009, 12:35 AM   #2
Kevin Scott

Profile:
Re: New Crossfit Fury BJJ Program

Our gym is the only BJJ gym in the Goodyear/ Buckeye area. Our new website is www.crossfitfurybjj.com

Last edited by Kevin Scott : 05-14-2009 at 12:39 AM.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:06 PM   #3
Kevin Scott

Profile:

This gym is no longer running. If moderator could remove this thread it would be awesome.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:07 PM   #4
Kevin Scott

Profile:

The new website address is www.goodyearbjj.com. This is not a gym. I am training out of my garage and just looking for people to work out with so there is no charge to train.

I am a bjj purple belt under MMA Lab's John Crouch. I am located near Van Buren and Estrella in Goodyear, Arizona. I am also very close to those of you who are in Buckeye or Avondale, Arizona. I am looking for anyone that would also like to work out, practice technique, or just practice rolling around. If your interested please contact me at goodyearbjj@gmail.com or go to the website and contact me at the phone number listed there. Right now I have a 20'x10' training area and a big screen tv if you want to watch fight videos while training. I will expand the training area if I find I need more space. I also have weights, squat racks, a heavy bag, sandbags, dragging sleds, rings, pull up bars, a rowing machine and some other equipment if you want to get some conditioning done as well.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:21 AM   #5
Kevin Scott

Profile:

We have opened as a full academy. We are still called Goodyear BJJ and our site is still www.goodyearbjj.com. We are located in Morrissette Martial Arts Center in Old Litchfield Park. The academy address is 116 N Old Litchfield Rd, Litchfield Park, AZ 85340. We are also an affiliate of The LAB (mmalab.com). We currently run classes Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. Monday-Wednesday classes are 8pm to 9:30pm and Friday class is from 7pm to 8:30pm. The cost is $90 per month. Mondays/Wednesday are Gi days and Tuesday/Friday are no gi. All classes are taught by Royce Gracie purple belt Kevin Scott. This is one of the only bjj schools in the area and we have some of the best instruction around. If anyone is interested in stopping in you can try 1 week free to see if it is the right school for you.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:36 AM   #6
Kevin Scott

Profile:

We out grew our space and moved to a new facility in Tolleson, Arizona. To go with our new space we decided to get a new name. Our school is now Phoenix BJJ & MMA Academy. We moved to 10115 W. Van Buren St. Suite 2, in Tolleson, Arizona 85353. Our new web address is http://www.phoenixbjjmma.com. We also have added more classes to our schedule. For children we have boxing and brazilian jiu jitsu. For adults we offer Brazilian jiu jitsu, boxing, muay thai kickboxing, mixed martial arts, wrestling, judo, and soon Crossfit. We will hopefully be officially adding crossfit within the next few months. Hope to see everyone at our new school.

Kevin Scott
Royce Gracie (JCBJJ) Brown Belt
Old 02-10-2013, 01:05 PM   #7
Kevin Scott

Profile:

We have moved our academy again to our final location next to crossfit fury in Goodyear, Arizona. We are at 500 N. Bullard Ave, Suite 30, Goodyear, AZ 85338.

We are offering discounts to crossfitters that want to train with us. We offer brazilian jiu jitsu, boxing, kickboxing, wrestling, women's self defense, and kids bjj, and kids kickboxing classes. We just switched our brazilian jiu jitsu affiliation to 6x world champion, Professor Caio Terra.

We also have an on staff naturopathic physician that offers prolotherapy, blood panels, Chinese medicine, accupuncture, etc. We also have 3 massage therapist on staff that specialize in working with athletes and rehabbing injuries.

Kevin Scott
Caio Terra Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Association Brown Belt
Crossfit Enthusiast!
Old 02-20-2013, 12:52 PM   #8
Adam Shreim

Profile:

The nature of this thread, alone, is awesome. The progress you have made bringing your passion of BJJ to your community is pretty badass. I'd sign up if I was in the area. "Sport-specific," there you go. A useful one, that that.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:17 AM   #9
J Caleb Burzan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Shreim View Post
The nature of this thread, alone, is awesome. The progress you have made bringing your passion of BJJ to your community is pretty badass. I'd sign up if I was in the area. "Sport-specific," there you go. A useful one, that that.
I agree. Sticking with it threw the ups and downs!
Old 05-12-2013, 10:57 PM   #10
Kevin Scott

Profile:

Thank you all. I have worked very hard to build this to where it is now. I love bjj and crossfit! Can't open a crossfit program now since we are right next to Crossfit Fury, but I am happy to be able to teach and train brazilian jiu jitsu with everyone and always welcome all crossfitters. We even do a discount for crossfit members