CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 06-12-2008, 04:45 PM   #11
George Evans

Profile:
Re: You’re the best! Around! Nothing's Gonna Ever Keep ya Down! A self motivational l

WOD: 6/12/08

Seven rounds for time of:
10 One legged squats, alternating
12 Ring dips
15 Pull-ups

24:58
I helped stabilize myself on the pistols with a wall, but other than that as Rx'ed.

Those freaking pistols killed me...really great exercise, but I lack the flexibility to do them correctly. Hopefully with time they'll get better. The dips and pullups came pretty easily.

As an aside:

I also had an interesting problem today...I brought along my homemade rings to the gym, and people wouldn't stop asking me about them! This is in an Army Fort...(Eustis to be exact) and the soldiers loved the rings.

As I was doing the workout for time...I told them I'd chat with them shortly after I was done with the WOD...then about 5 or 6 went on the rings to try out dips. While they all failed spectacularly I did plug crossfit.com to them, and they seemed interested. Awesome!
Old 06-12-2008, 06:39 PM   #12
George Evans

Profile:
Re: You’re the best! Around! Nothing's Gonna Ever Keep ya Down! A self motivational l

Also...my poor poor hands!

I don't use gloves, how do you people deal with this nonsense?

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/5200/img00164fp2.jpg
Old 06-13-2008, 07:33 PM   #13
George Evans

Profile:

"Michael" hero workout

Three rounds for time of:
Run 800 meters
50 Back Extensions
50 Sit-ups

20:51 as Rx'ed. Ran on the treadmill however.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:05 PM   #14
George Evans

Profile:

Rest day:

I wanted to run a little, so I ran 800m, and walked 800m.

400m sprint (1:11)
400m walk
400m sprint (1:14)
400m walk
Old 06-15-2008, 01:04 AM   #15
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Nice times, George. I'm going to attempt 100 and 200s tomorrow without 400s sprint style ( my take on Pose ).

Your hands will get tougher over time till you get sandpaper hands. Simple scraping off the white skin which is dead in the shower with your fingernail or a butter knife works though some ppl take a dremel to avoid callous buildup which causes rips.

I'm thinking with your hands, they are just soft.

Nice time, mine was similar but I took some weight off by using assists. However, it does give me a benchmark idea for the time. I thought the pistols would suck today but don't feel it. Actually my calves felt better after them and I have never attempted that many pistols in total.
Old 06-15-2008, 01:55 PM   #16
George Evans

Profile:

WOD: 6/15/08

Overhead squat 1-1-1-1-1 reps
Front squat 1-1-1-1-1 reps
Back squat 1-1-1-1-1 reps

Overhead Squat: 75,85,95,105,115
Front Squat: 75,95,115,135,185 - I could have done more here! Need to start heavier.
Back Squat: 135, 185, 225, 275, 305 AHHHHH YES, NEW PERSONAL RECORD 305 I'M FREAKIN PUMPED.

Hey blair thanks for the comment. Whatchu mean my hands are soft?! Haha, just kidding.

Yeah man those pistols are killer, I was barely able to walk after doing them. Are you a few days behind on the WOD, and do you have workout log? I wanna see your loads for todays workout.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:10 PM   #17
Liana Mark

Profile:

Nice 400 times!

I had a ripped off callous with that pistol/dip/PU WOD too. Christin Street suggested using the PedEgg to keep the callouses from building up. You can Google it - it's pretty funny looking, but I think it's a good idea. (I used Purell yesterday without thinking and cursed like a sailor for a good 15 seconds after .. it'd be nice to avoid that from happening again ).
Old 06-15-2008, 05:31 PM   #18
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Here is my workout log but no weights to lift and I can't get a hold of my friend with the weights and cage. I was planning to do a sprint workout today and HSPU and body rows per drillsandskills WOD. I am trying to do a blend of CF and gymnastics and sprinting/running as that is my background. Much of the gymnastics tends to be skill building and a BW WOD at the end.

http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=32989 My thread.

Nice BS.

I don't always follow the WOD and never have as my focus has been gymnastics first. When I worked out with Roger it was Monday and friday workouts with a short BW WOD typically. Conversely, I generally follow the DrillsandSkills WOD. Currently I do one of those, one of CF, and one of mine. It's based more on a 7 day schedule than 3-1 or 3-1-2-1
Old 06-15-2008, 06:13 PM   #19
George Evans

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liana Mark View Post
Nice 400 times!
Thanks! On that note...I had the day off, and university is out...and it's sunday so all the nightlife is well, nonexistent, and I was bored and pumped from the WOD....so I did more sprints.

sprint: 400m (1:09)
walk 400m
sprint (1:14)
walk
sprint (1:33) I have NO IDEA what happened here...although it ****ed me off!
walk
sprint (1:12) I was mad about sprint 3, and tried my best to floor it. Hatebreed pumping the entire lap, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair Robert Lowe View Post
Here is my workout log but no weights to lift and I can't get a hold of my friend with the weights and cage. I was planning to do a sprint workout today and HSPU and body rows per drillsandskills WOD. I am trying to do a blend of CF and gymnastics and sprinting/running as that is my background. Much of the gymnastics tends to be skill building and a BW WOD at the end.

http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=32989 My thread.

Nice BS.

I don't always follow the WOD and never have as my focus has been gymnastics first. When I worked out with Roger it was Monday and friday workouts with a short BW WOD typically. Conversely, I generally follow the DrillsandSkills WOD. Currently I do one of those, one of CF, and one of mine. It's based more on a 7 day schedule than 3-1 or 3-1-2-1
Cool man. I'll check into your thread for sure. I really like the 'competition' on this site, and I'm trying to get back into running shape so if you ever want to do some honor system sprinting-racing or whatever, I'm always down.

Gymnastics, well you'd smoke me, but I'm down for that too.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:29 PM   #20
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

That pedegg is something I saw on an infomercial and probably a good idea for callouses on the hands. I could see using it as a coach on the kids easily. However, I like my roughed up sandpaper feet and they are good for going barefoot.

My 400 today started turning into an actual 400 somewhat so give me a couple of weeks, enough to build my calves back and get a stopwatch and I'm game. I'm hoping the sprinting will bring back my vertical jump number as well besides cut bodyfat simply. Besides jogging even the track was boring as all get out.

I'm trying to get more into CF workouts compared to what I used to since I've been in the gym with far less access to gymnastics ( banned from working out in the same gym I work for ) than I ever have been used to. It's way too late for the CF games, but a good start to training for next year and age 30. Perhaps also by next year I could be somewhat competitive instead of what would be self inflicted suicide ( but fun! ). I might go cheerlead for my friends if the timing is right.