CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 01-11-2008, 06:20 PM   #21
Derek Weaver

Profile:

Re: Derek's Log

Diane done in 11.19.
Got off to a huge start and hit the wall. Fought back pukie for about the last 20 dead lifts.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:32 AM   #22
Derek Weaver

Profile:

Elizabeth whooped me. I got off to a huge start again and just hit the wall. 18.06.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:21 PM   #23
Derek Weaver

Profile:

Pull Up Ladder
Only made it to 13 before my neighbor asked me to help him with taking down Christmas lights. More than a little ****ed, but had to be a good neighbor. What's he doing with his lights up on the 13th of January? Do some work on the parallettes tonight. Haven't done any l-sits or anything in a while.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:46 PM   #24
Sarena Kopciel

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Weaver View Post
Pull Up Ladder
Only made it to 13 before my neighbor asked me to help him with taking down Christmas lights. More than a little ****ed, but had to be a good neighbor. What's he doing with his lights up on the 13th of January? Do some work on the parallettes tonight. Haven't done any l-sits or anything in a while.
well you did 2 good deeds today-fitness for self and helpin out another person!!
Old 01-15-2008, 11:29 PM   #25
Derek Weaver

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarena Kopciel View Post
well you did 2 good deeds today-fitness for self and helpin out another person!!
Haha, thanks Sarena. Never thought about it that way. Was hoping to finally get to 18 full minutes on that pull up ladder. Next time I guess.

Today 1/16 did the filthy 50's in 31.36.

been resisting. Continued with this theme of crusing WOD's for the first 75% of it and then just crashing. May need to tweak the diet a bit.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:57 PM   #26
Derek Weaver

Profile:

No rower and it wasn't great weather for running by the time I had enough time. Tried to do the 500 (!) sdhp's as a sub and was so sore from the filthy 50's that I didn't make it.

First WOD I've never finished. Looks like I need to wake up early, get a 5k run in, then do Lynne, though I don't have a spotter for the bench and may sub ring push ups in.

Then... find a rower. Never trying to do the sdhp's instead again. That substitution literally made me mad. There's no way that sdhp's are even close to rowing.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:11 PM   #27
Derek Weaver

Profile:

So I chose to do a KB breathing ladder this morning instead of the row/run. 1.5 pood 1-20-1. Forgot to start the timer but the heart rate was up and I was fighting panic breathing about the 15th step.

Lynne went alright on the ring push up substitution. 24, 23, 21, 18, 22
pull ups-20, 18, 18, 15, 20.

Pull ups are always very inconsistent on this. My last set always tends to be one of my best also. I never expect it and feel like garbage at the end of it. I need to dig down more in the middle sets.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:32 PM   #28
Derek Weaver

Profile:

Friday, January 18- SPRAINED ANKLE around 2:30.

I was headed down to the east bay to do some house sitting and my ankle just rolled and I felt a pretty good pop. I went in and it looks like I may have broken it twice in the past and not known it thinking it was a sprain and just went on crutches I already had. Not all that smart, but machismo won out too often in the past.

Luckily, this time I didn't break it. Although a sprain can be worse than a break due to the lack of blood circulating through ligaments and tendons. Oh well. I tend to heal quickly and figure i will this time too.

After hopping to the ER from the parking lot with no crutches, my resting HR was still only 50 BPM. At least there's one bright spot today.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:36 PM   #29
Derek Weaver

Profile:

Day 10 of having a messed up ankle.

I really did a number on it this time. I've pretty much taken the whole time off from everything fitness related. Not happy with where my diet has been at in lieu of being able to train 5/6 times/week but I think that I kind of needed a break.

Ankle is getting better, but it's taking a while. Easily the worst sprain I've ever had. Not able to walk more than a few steps without my walking book. When I take my pain meds (I hate taking anything for pain, especially prescriptions) and keep my walking boot on I can hardly feel it. Then taking a short walk without the boot feels really unstable.

Been rehabbing it and trying to get it healthy. Gonna take a while I guess.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:06 AM   #30
Derek Weaver

Profile:

Whoops, that was supposed to say walking BOOT, not book. Anyway, I can now walk around my house without the boot, but my foot gets sore from walking a little funny. Baby steps... baby steps.

First activity in 10 days today: 25 kte, 50 dead hang pull ups, 75 dips, 100 hollow rocks. Didn't time it but it easily took me 20 minutes or so. Kept a nice relaxed pace. Still felt good to get some activity. Tomorrow I think I'll do some sort of toes to the bar, superman workout and then maybe tabata push ups.

The time off was good for me mentally. Gotta get my diet back in order though. Been a cheat week and a half and it's quickly starting to add up.