CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 12-03-2007, 12:08 AM   #1
Derek Weaver

Profile:

Derek's Log

All of these new logs have gotten me inspired to start my own.

I'm 24/5'6"/156 lbs. as of 12/2/2007

Today:
5 minutes Double Unders
5 minutes 95 lb. CnJ
3 " Double Unders
3 " 95 lb. CnJ
1 " Double Unders
1 " 95 lb. CnJ

Not sure how many double unders I got, or single unders for that matter. I alternated between the two to keep the pace high. Not able to keep up a high pace with double unders yet. Max double unders today were somewhere around 55.

56 total CnJ's though.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:43 AM   #2
Derek Weaver

Profile:

Re: Derek's Log

Feeling pretty under the weather and really didn't think that running with this cold was a great idea, so I'll be saving Michael for later in the week, as I do my best to never miss a Hero workout so long as I'm not on vacation or injured.

I have joined the 300 lb. overhead club, so I decided to work on my push presses density style today.

140 lbs. 10x3 on the minute (really should have gone heavier as I didn't get remotely shaky til the 9th set)

Then did sn grip DL's 5x5 at 185 on the minute. Both exercises should have been heavier weight, but what can ya do?

Looking forward to the front squats tomorrow. Going to pick up more Oly lifting again from PM and Mike's Gym. I really enjoy Oly lifting more than anything else CF.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:24 PM   #3
Derek Weaver

Profile:

Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Did my 5x5 Front Squats today, and maxed at 200 lbs. even for five reps.

After I worked on clean technique by 5 sets (floor and hang cleans, 1+1x5) w/ 135 lbs. and included 5 sets of 1 split jerk, one squat jerk with middle weight.

My strength had really fallen off over the last couple of months, so I've been sacrificing a little metcon in favor of finding a better balance. Also been doing the occasional PM workout or Mike's Gym workout
Old 12-08-2007, 02:04 AM   #4
Derek Weaver

Profile:

It's been a rough couple of days. I had to take the day off yesterday as I've been battling a cold for almost a month now.

Today I went back to CnJ for a heavy single (shy of 1rep max) and stopped at 165, which felt surprisingly easy.

The jerk was actually harder than the clean, which is odd because my max jerk is over 200 lbs. (205 last time I checked it, although that went up easy and I had to call the workout due to time)

After I did a fun one I saw, I think, on the CFSC site a while ago but never did.

It went 21 kb swings, 3 sdhp with the same kb (1.5 pood) 18/6, 15/9, 12/12, 9/15... Took over 11 minutes! Metcon falls off quick when you focus more on strength and have a cold.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:17 AM   #5
Derek Weaver

Profile:

Dead lift 5 sets of 3

Ended at 270 lbs x 3 reps. REally feel like my dead lift has fallen off.

My 1rm dl in June was 365. Based on that total, I should have been using 292-ish lbs. Oh well.

I may be going onto some a program something like this for a while to get my strength and functional mass up a bit.

(w/f/s-for the most part) http://performancemenu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=478

There's a "download here" link that has the template on it.

gotta get my my food under control also. The last few days have been royally screwed up with this cold and the psychological state it's left me in.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:35 PM   #6
Derek Weaver

Profile:

Started the PM Mass gain template today... not sure if I'm going to stick with it.

I have two buddies who are willing to be my guinea pigs for the seven week program. They've agreed to follow the workouts religiously (mostly at my garage gym) and stick to pretty simple diet prescriptions. Maybe I'll stick to my CF plus some Oly Lifting and let them see just how well the Mass Gain template works.

Today was 6x6 Standing Press
6x6 Front Squat
6x6 Weighted Chins and then a 10 minute ab circuit.

did the FS's at 185
Press at 115 (last set at 105 as I had to push press 2 reps in the 5th set)
and 41 lbs. for the Weighted Chins. I felt gassed by the time I got there.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:12 PM   #7
Derek Weaver

Profile:

Been out of the loop for a little bit.

I did an Oly lifting workout instead of the PJ 3-3-3-3-3 WOD.

I try and work Oly Lifting at least 3 times a week, and usually look to the PM or Mikesgym websites for good workouts. Working on my snatch more lately as well.

Did Angie on Wednesday 12/12/2007 in 17.26. Pullups are tough on a doorway bar. I had been close to 16 flat in the past at a "real gym", but you work with what you got.

Yesterday I decided to to Diane: 225 lb. dl plus HSPU's. I'll have to remember to dig my stop watch out and get my time on that later.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:20 PM   #8
Derek Weaver

Profile:

Took my usual two day break for the weekend.

Forgot what I did Friday.... whatever it was I did it in 11.27

Yesterday, Monday the 17th I did one from the Crossfit One World site: ARAP in 20 Min. 5 deadlift, 5 hang clean, 5 push press (95 lbs. for all ) and got 12 rds plus 5 deads.

I've been giving the Anabolic aka Metabolic Diet a shot and think that yesterday night and through most of today I've been dealing with "the crash" that some experience.

Fran done in 6.57. gotta get that down either at or to 5.00 before the Cert. in February.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:37 PM   #9
Derek Weaver

Profile:

Obviously, my metcon was toast today. Did Badger in 54.43. That workout sucks big time, but in a good way.

Just a note on the "Hero" workouts. I've heard one other CF'er a while ago say that he tells his clients something to the effect of "He's dead, you're not, go hard". Basically that you should be happy you're even able to perform such a brutal WOD.

I agree. Hero workouts, whether created by the Hero himself (Murph) or made up by the CF programming folks require a bunch of heart to get through because that's what our Heroes showed by making the ultimate sacrifice. Every time I faded and found myself breaking down into a walk, I would remind myself of that and pick the pace up.

Great experience tonight
Old 12-21-2007, 03:34 PM   #10
Derek Weaver

Profile:

Weather wasn't really good for a 5k today, and I don't have a rower in my garage yet, so I made up the Press, Push Press, Push Jerk WOD from a while back that I missed.

Standing press at 145, Push Press at 165, Push Jerks dropped down to 145. My shoulders were gassed by the time the PJ's came up.

Going to make a sandbag and slosh pipe today. thinking that for the WOD I'll either make up the 400 m walking lunges I missed and/or do something like 21-15-9 Front Squat/Ring Push Up.