CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 10-20-2004, 07:30 PM   #11
Tyler Hass

Profile:
I think it would be really fun to have all of this tied into some sort of database. You could find out how people vary by age, weight,height, hair color, etc. It would also be fun to track progress of individuals as well as the group. It would be the envy of sports scientists everywhere. On an unrelated note, I think bald people would win...
I don't know much about programming though, so unfortunately I'm not the go to guy on this one. Maybe we could outsource it!
Old 10-22-2004, 06:13 PM   #12
Laura Rucker

Profile:
What kind of stuff did you put on your excel spreadsheet? I am interested in makeing something like that myself.

Michael, I just put the names of "the girls", the dates I completed and then what times/reps I got.

I haven't had a benchmark workout since the day I posted that message. I'll have to go look at it again to see if there was anything else. I might have put my best deadlift in there too.

Sorry for the delay responding. I don't get email notfications from the board and thought I had seen an option for that somewhere.

Laura
Old 10-23-2004, 03:38 PM   #13
Paul Theodorescu

Profile:
I think this would be a great idea. It ties in with the idea we had of doing a statistical analysis of people doing the WOD. Self reporting key PRs would make this a very simple thing to do.

We could look at the girls, push-ups, pull-ups, max DL and C&J and runs.

This way we could accurately assess exactly how well Crossfit is working for everyone.